Subject: [shim6] Deployment experience with Shim6 and MIPv6?

From: Alberto García <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 13:18:12 +0100

Hi Sebastien,

In his review of draft-garcia-shim6-applicability (
<http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-garcia-shim6-applicability-02.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-garcia-shim6-applicability-02.txt), Jari has
raised a comment about the experience on Shim6 and MIPv6 combinations, and
IPsec:

| [Jari Arkko said:]

|  

|  Section 7 should indicate if there is any implementation of deployment

|  experience with these combinations. I'm doubtful on whether all the ipsec

|  layering mechanisms and so on would actually work in real implementations

|  without someone having tested such combinations.

I think you worked on a ‘MipShim6’ code, and there is a paper in French
describing the tests. As far as I understand from the paper, you tested the
scenario described in 7.1.1 in draft-garcia-shim6-applicability-02, and I
think it worked. Is this right?

I’m not sure if you tested the scenario described in 7.1.2. 

Besides, I’m not sure about the IPsec configuration used for the tests (or
if IPsec could not be used at all in your implementation).

Can you provide us some information on this subject?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:32:24 +0200

Sebastien: This would be interesting information, if you can tell about your experiences we'd love to know.

Jari

On 22.12.2011 14:18, Alberto García wrote:
>
> Hi Sebastien,
>
> In his review of draft-garcia-shim6-applicability (http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-garcia-shim6-applicability-02.txt), Jari has raised a comment about the experience on Shim6 and MIPv6 combinations, and IPsec:
>
> | [Jari Arkko said:]
>
> |
>
> I think you worked on a ‘MipShim6’ code, and there is a paper in French describing the tests. As far as I understand from the paper, you tested the scenario described in 7.1.1 in draft-garcia-shim6-applicability-02, and I think it worked. Is this right?
>
> Besides, I’m not sure about the IPsec configuration used for the tests (or if IPsec could not be used at all in your implementation).
>