Subject: [Sidr] SIDR Working Group meeting summary

From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 09:04:00 +1100

SIDR Working Group Summary

The SIDR working group met at IETF 67, 0900-1130 on Wednesday. The WG 
agenda items covered the progress with the charter milestones, the 
resource certificate profile and the initial thoughts and 
considerations regarding routing origination attestations and their 
content  and format.

In considering the WG status as against the milestones, it is the 
case that the WG's efforts on an architecture for inter-domain 
routing security are falling behind. In the WG meeting a group of 
authors volunteered to work on this topic in the coming months, so 
that there is now some confidence that while this milestone is going 
to be late (as the milestone was August 2006!), a path of progress 
has been identified. Work on the secure origination charter item is 
also now underway.

We received an informal report from Russ White, the RSPEC WG co-chair 
that the IDR Security Requirements documents was close to completion 
and that the RPSEC WG are unable to resolve one way or another the 
issues relating to distinct approaches with respect to path 
validation that have been considered in RPSEC for some months. The 
implication is that the issues that surfaced in RPSEC may be replayed 
in SIDR. At his stage we will await the RPSEC outcomes to understand 
the situation a little better.

Presentations (and minutes, when prepared) can be views in the SIDR 
section of 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=67

In short - productive WG meeting, people interested in working on the 
next steps, progress is being made, and the charter milestones are, 
at this stage, not too badly behind the original estimates!

thanks,

   Geoff and Sandy
    co-chairs, SIDR WG

Geoff and Sandy

_______________________________________________
Sidr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr