Subject: [Sidr] Proposal for ROAs for aggregates

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:20:58 -0400

Consider the case where an ISP has the following prefixes:

A1, A2, B, C, D

A1 and A2 are aggregateable.
B, C and D are not aggregateable.

Consider the case where A2, B, C and D are delegated by a given RIR.  I
would expect to have a ROA for this.  This would have a single
signature.

Similarly, where A1 is delegated from a different ISP, I would expect to
have a ROA for this.  This would have a single signature.

If I wish to generate an aggregate from this, I would expect to have a
third ROA that covers the aggregate.  This ROA would have signatures
from both RIRs.  This is effectively the RIRs agreeing that this
announcement is permitted to be aggregated.

Thus:
ROAs would require the ability to have multiple signatures.  In the case
that there are multiple signatures there is the implication of ownership
of the components.

Consider the example from RPSL - RFC 2622, section 8.1. 

-- Jeff
_______________________________________________
Sidr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr