Subject: [sidr] am I missing something?

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:30:59 +1000

I was re-reading draft-ietf-sidr-res-certs-13 to get something clear  
in my head about SIA values and I got wildly side-tracked.

in section 1, it says:

"In the context of the public Internet, and the use of public number  
resources within this context, it is intended that Resource  
Certificates are used in a manner that is explicitly aligned to the  
public number resource distribution function"

My impression is that the allocation chain goes IANA->RIR->NIR/LIR- 
 >ORG. And for legacy space there is a IANA->ORG structure. That is  
the way public numbers are distributed, yes?

Wouldn't/Shouldn't there be a request for IANA to sign over "stuff" in  
the IANA considerations section? (or have I got the purpose of that  
section completely wrong?)

Apologies for the newbie-ness of the question.

Terry
Speaking for Terry, I don't get to speak for anyone else.. and  
sometimes not even me! (just don't ask ;)
_______________________________________________
sidr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr