Subject: [sidr] Message Digest calculation and signed objects

From: Roque Gagliano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 13:37:06 -0300

Dear All,

just some editorial comments for the signed objects specs.

a) In all the Signed Objects specification the same text is included  
when mentioning the MD SignedAttr and how to calculate the MD. The  
text is:
    The attrValues for the MessageDigest attribute contains the output  
of
    the digest algorithm applied to the content being signed, as
    specified in Section 11.1 of[RFC3852].
However, section 11.1 only defines the Content Type attribute, I  
believe the reference should be changed to section "5.4 Message Digest  
Calculation Process".
b) also in the Signed Objects specs., when mentioning the binary- 
signing-time attribute, the RFC 4049 should be referenced, as this  
attribute is not defined in RFC 3852.
Regards,
Roque