Subject: [sidr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sidr-bogons-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 17:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Profile for Bogon Origin Attestations (BOAs)
	Author(s)       : T. Manderson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-bogons-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-05-25

This document defines a standard profile for Bogon Origin
Attestations (BOAs).  A BOA is a digitally signed object that
provides a means of verifying that an IP address block holder has not
authorised any Autonomous System (AS) to originate routes that are
equivalent to any of the addresses listed in the BOA.  A BOA also
provides a means of verifying that a BGP speaker is not using an AS
without appropriate authority.  The proposed application of BOAs is
intended to fit within the requirements for adding security measures
to inter-domain routing, including the ability to support incremental
and piecemeal deployment of such measures, and does not require any
changes to the specification of the Border Gateway Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-bogons-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.