Subject: [sidr] Use cases for RPKI in SIDR

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 22:02:28 -0700

Hi All,

In IETF 74 a call was made to the SIDR-WG to define the organisational use
cases that would precipitate use of the RPKI certificates and objects in a
routing sense.

Shortly after, a small group of interested individuals began proposing text
and discussing approaches. This culminated in an informational individual
submission that takes the following approach:

    - Define organisation's use cases based on current observations and
desires
    - Ask the work group if there are any omissions
    - Work toward documenting the broad RPKI actions that an organisation
(in origination) needs to do before a relying party can make any
interpretations of (in)validity.

This might then be used by the WG and authors of other drafts to ask
questions pertaining to the completeness, direction, and applicability of
the work from a clear use case basis.

It can also be used as common ground for developing the understanding of WG
participants and observers in the technology.

The draft is attached for your review, and the authors and I would be most
appreciative if you could read this document and either before, or at, IETF
75 provide your comments.

Cheers
Russ, Sriram, and Terry.