Subject: [sidr] wg adoption for draft wrt recharter items

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 07:24:44 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

The sidr re-charter starts off with the following new items:

Mar 2011  Jan 2012   An overview of the RPKI and BGP Protocol changes
                      required for origin and path validation
Mar 2011  Jun 2012   A document describing threats to the routing system
Mar 2011  Jun 2012   A requirements document that  addresses these
                      threats
Mar 2011  Jan 2012   Document the BGP protocol enhancements that meet
                      the security requirements
Mar 2011   Jul 2012   Operational deployment guidance for network 
operators

In the meeting on 1 April, there were presentations of individual 
submissions that could meet those recharter items.

In that meeting, a verbal call for adoption as wg drafts was positive.  As 
always, all such meeting decisions must be taken to the mailing list.

I am about to issue calls for wg adoption for these drafts, to see if 
the wg agrees to take on the draft as a wg draft.

Note that there is no need to agree with all the content of the draft to 
agree to its adoption as a wg draft.  All draft editors are required to 
reflect the consensus of the working group.

--Sandy, speaking as wg co-chair with wg ceremonial garb donned.