Subject: [sidr] A note about a few tools that maybe of interest:

From: "Montgomery, Douglas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 16:25:12 +0000

We run a RPKI monitor that examines various statistics of the emerging
RPKI and its relationship to global BGP trace data. Aspects of the
RPKI-BGP 
component are similar to some of the other monitors, the RPKI analysis
component 
offers some new data and visualizations of emerging RPKI structure and
usage.  
Both views offer global and per-region statistics and the ability to
compare 
statistics across regions.  We continue to add new analysis modules to the
monitor.   
For details see: 
http://rpki-monitor.antd.nist.gov

There is a new release of our BGP-SrX (quagga) origin validation prototype
(v 0.3.1) that now contains full support for signaling validation state
with
community attributes (draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling-04)
along with some bug fixes.   Source and binary installs available below:
http://bgpsrx.antd.nist.gov/

At the same site, there is also a stub, pre-release of a BGPSEC prototype.
Mainly offered as an early interoperability tester for BGPSEC session
negotiation and BGPSEC_Path attribute generation and validation.   Router
keys are self-signed and stored in a local file (i.e., no rpki-to-router
support for router keys yet).   For now, there is just a binary release
and instruction file to operate prototype as an interop test tool. Router
Diagnostic commands have been extended to display BGPSEC information, e.g.:

===============
bgpd# show ip bgp 10.40.0.0/16
BGP routing table entry for 10.40.0.0/16
Paths: (1 available, best #1, table Default-IP-Routing-Table)
  Not advertised to any peer
  2030 40
    SRx Information:
      Update ID: 0.09A2630D
      Validation:
        prefix-origin: valid
        path:   valid
        bgpsec: valid (combination of prefix-origin and path validation)
      PathType: BGPSEC-Path ( 1 signature blocks, each with 2 path
segments)
        signature block #1: algorithm suite id 1
        path segment 1: as=2030; pcount=1
          signature segment [1]: block 1,
ski=97E8EEC56E7C8AE22866D218B0E4D40416EC4EFA
        path segment 2: as=40; pcount=1
          signature segment [1]: block 1,
ski=A509AE9ED377CC31AED01E820670DF9CC781DA9F
    10.0.1.2 from 10.0.1.2 (10.0.1.2)
      Origin IGP, localpref 100, valid, external, best
      Last Update: Mon May  5 08:42:37 2014
================

Once we add new rpki-to-router (draft-austein-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810bis-01)
support and do further robustness testing, we will release full source for
this functionality too.

‹ 
Doug Montgomery,  Mgr Internet & Scalable Systems Research @  NIST / ITL /
ANTD