Subject: [sidr] simulation study of RPKI deployment scenarios and its measured effect

From: Benno Overeinder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:20:25 +0200

Hi all,

Not SIDR WG material, but interesting to the IETF people in the SIDR WG.

Last month a student/intern at NLnet Labs finished his BSc. thesis on
simulation of RPKI deployment scenarios and analysing the effect on
routes (valid/invalid/unknown) and the length of the paths.

Of course, this is just a study with a limited scope, focussed on a
small number of specific scenarios.  But maybe also a study to extend
with more relevant scenarios, statistics measured, and results analysed.

You can find the thesis and slides at:
- thesis: https://www.nlnetlabs.nl/~benno/opendir/bryan-thesis-3.pdf
- slides:
https://www.nlnetlabs.nl/~benno/opendir/BGP%20Routing%20Security%20&%20Deployment%20Strategies-5.pdf

If you are interested to discuss the study (comments/suggestions to
improve, etc.), drop me an email and we can discuss the work during the
next days at the IETF.

Regards,

-- Benno

-- 
Benno J. Overeinder
NLnet Labs
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/