Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 16:16:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : An Out-Of-Band Setup Protocol For RPKI Production Services
        Author          : Rob Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2016-04-11

Abstract:
   This note describes a simple out-of-band protocol to ease setup of
   the RPKI provisioning and publication protocols between two parties.
   The protocol is encoded in a small number of XML messages, which can
   be passed back and forth by any mutually agreeable secure means.

   This setup protocol is not part of the provisioning or publication
   protocol, rather, it is intended to simplify configuration of these
   protocols by setting up relationships and exchanging BPKI keying
   material.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 19:24:28 -0400

One minor substantive change: added an optional "tag" attribute (as in
the publication protocol) to simplify client matching of responses
with outstanding requests.  This capability was in the original
protocol but in a very obscure form, and was removed as part of the
general cleanup; recent experience talking a user through using an
implementation of this protocol suggested that the protocol does need
this capability, so -04 puts it back in (what I hope is) clearer form.

Other than that, the only changes editorial, filling in TBD stuff like
IANA considerations (none), and so forth.

I think this is ready for WGLC.