Subject: [sidr] WGLC - draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol - 10/25/2016

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 10:15:13 -0400

Howdy WG Folks!
Let's chat (email) about the subject document:
  draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol

The authors believe they have dealt with all open items and are
interested in moving this document forward to IESG for
publication. Let's have a read/write/arithmetic time with the draft
and send comments/questions/suggestions/etc to the list for the
authors to handle or, possibly just: "yea! move this document along!"
if you believe it's ready for the next step in it's lifecycle.

The WGLC should end 10/25/2016 - October 25th 2016.

The abstract for this document is:
  "In the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI), certificate
   authorities publish certificates, including end entity certificates,
   Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL), and RPKI signed objects to
   repositories.  Relying Parties (RP) retrieve the published
   information from those repositories.  This document specifies a delta
   protocol which provides relying parties with a mechanism to query a
   repository for incremental updates, thus enabling the RP to keep its
   state in sync with the repository."

thanks!
-chris
co-chair-persona

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 10:19:54 -0400

Howdy!
5 more days until this call expires, please read and comment... or at least
say:
  "Hey! I did read this it is [awesome|horrible|acceptable|dumpsterfire]"

thanks!
-chris
(feel free to cut/paste/edit the quote if it'll save you time)

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr
>

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 09:12:59 +0900

i believe i already responded, but just in case.

have read, have used, no ill affects detected.  ship it.

randy

---

From: George Michaelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 15:04:20 +1000

ship it.

---

From: "Yu Fu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 15:30:48 +0800

Hi all,

I have read this draft and believe it is useful for the synchronization.

Please ship it.

Yu

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 12:19:49 -0400

This whole concept is analogous to existing DAP/LDAP mechanism and the “delta” concept in CRLs.  Considering this protocol is run over https it seems like a step in the right direction away from unsecured rsync.  So the idea seems sensible and after re-reading the draft I think we are a go for launch [0].

spt

[0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVf-rehP4b8

> On Oct 20, 2016, at 10:19, Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Howdy!
> 5 more days until this call expires, please read and comment... or at least say:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Chris Morrow <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Howdy WG Folks!

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 10:43:53 -0400

Thanks for reading (everyone) and commenting (many folks)

this is being sent forward to the IESG now.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Sean Turner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This whole concept is analogous to existing DAP/LDAP mechanism and the
> “delta” concept in CRLs.  Considering this protocol is run over https it
> seems like a step in the right direction away from unsecured rsync.  So the
> idea seems sensible and after re-reading the draft I think we are a go for
> launch [0].
>
> spt
>