Subject: [sidr] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-16: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:54:38 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As noted by Jouni in his OPS DIR review, and acknowledged by Sean Turner
> o Section 7 IANA Considerations says on line 192:
>  "Infrastructure (RPKI) group.  The one-octet BGPsec Algorithm Suite”
>                                     ^^^^^^^^^
>  However, in the following table and text it says nothing about
>  values 0x10-0xff. Are these unassigned or reserved? This is a bit
>  confusing since the table lists values up to 0xF (one-nibble).

Sigh - that should be:

+------------+------------+-------------+---------------------+
 | 0x2-0xEF   | Unassigned | Unassigned  | This draft          |
+------------+------------+-------------+---------------------+
| 0xFF       | Reserved   | Reserved    | This draft          |
+------------+------------+-------------+---------------------+

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 17:59:07 -0500

On Dec 12, 2016, at 16:54, Benoit Claise <[email-masked]> wrote:
> +------------+------------+-------------+——————————+

Yep this is in my list of things to do.  I also let IANA to double check that I did it before they create the registry :)

spt