Subject: [sidr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-adverse-actions-03.txt> (Adverse Actions by a Certification Authority (CA) or Repository Manager in the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:14:41 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document:
- 'Adverse Actions by a Certification Authority (CA) or Repository
   Manager in the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-adverse-actions-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document analyzes actions by or against a CA or independent
   repository manager in the RPKI that can adversely affect the Internet
   Number Resources (INRs) associated with that CA or its subordinate
   CAs.  The analysis is done from the perspective of an affected INR
   holder.  The analysis is based on examination of the data items in
   the RPKI repository, as controlled by a CA (or independent repository
   manager) and fetched by Relying Parties (RPs).  The analysis does not
   purport to be comprehensive; it does represent an orderly way to
   analyze a number of ways that errors by or attacks against a CA or
   repository manager can affect the RPKI and routing decisions based on
   RPKI data.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-adverse-actions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-adverse-actions/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.