Subject: [sidr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-19.txt> (BGPsec Protocol Specification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 07:42:46 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document:
- 'BGPsec Protocol Specification'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-19.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes BGPsec, an extension to the Border Gateway
   Protocol (BGP) that provides security for the path of autonomous
   systems through which a BGP update message passes.  BGPsec is
   implemented via an optional non-transitive BGP path attribute that
   carries a digital signature produced by each autonomous system that
   propagates the update message.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.