Subject: [sidr] Ignas Bagdonas' No Objection on draft-ietf-sidr-slurm-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 20:49:35 -0700

Ignas Bagdonas has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidr-slurm-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-slurm/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A few comments:

1. Document uses all capital form of AND for filters containing both prefixes
and ASNs, and filters containing ASNs and SKIs. That is not part of RFC2119
language.

2. s/Route Origination Authorization/Route Origin Authorization

3. If a local assertion is added without a matching filter, does it take
priority over existing assertion?

4. The term 'putative TA' has been flagged a couple of times in various reviews
as being not known. It does not appear to be formally defined, RFC7730 seems to
be the closest source - while it is not formally defined there either.

---

From: Tim Bruijnzeels <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:57:08 +0200

> On 28 Mar 2018, at 05:49, Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Emphasis was intended, but lower case ‘and’ is fine.

> 2. s/Route Origination Authorization/Route Origin Authorization

ack

> priority over existing assertion?

No, local assertions are similar to ROA VRPs or Router Certificates found through validation. They are complementary.

> be the closest source - while it is not formally defined there either.

I believe the word ‘putative’ can be dropped. It’s not like this is special kind of Trust Anchor.

Regards
Tim