Subject: [Sidrops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-signed-tal-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 06:08:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIDR Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RPKI Signed Object for Trust Anchor Keys
        Authors         : Tim Bruijnzeels
                          Carlos Martinez
                          Rob Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidrops-signed-tal-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   Trust Anchor Locators (TALs) [I-D.ietf-sidrops-https-tal] are used by
   Relying Parties in the RPKI to locate and validate Trust Anchor
   certificates used in RPKI validation.  This document defines an RPKI
   signed object for Trust Anchor Keys (TAK), that can be used by Trust
   Anchors to signal their set of current keys and the location(s) of
   the accompanying CA certiifcates to Relying Parties, as well as
   changes to this set in the form of revoked keys and new keys, in
   order to support both planned and unplanned key rolls without
   impacting RPKI validation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-signed-tal/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-signed-tal-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-signed-tal-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidrops-signed-tal-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tim Bruijnzeels <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 15:25:45 +0200

Dear WG, chairs,

@chairs: I noticed this has WG last call on the datatracker. I think this is in error and the last call was meant for https in TALs, which is now in Auth48.
@chiars: 10 minutes on the agenda?

The TL;DR is:
- Now using unique URIs in TAK objects to track if RPs are capable and learn the new keys, before retiring the old (comment Wes in Bangkok).
- I still plan to do an actual implementation, but I haven't had the time yet.
- This version is still a discussion document.. 

In fact.. I haven't even been able to discuss this version with my co-authors as I needed to post before cut-off.

Time permitting I would like to talk about this in Montreal for 10 minutes. If there is no official agenda time, then I encourage anyone interested in this to have a chat if you are going to be in Montreal. And of course, if you care to read it and provide feedback on list that is also greatly appreciated!

Tim

> On 8 Jul 2019, at 15:08, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sidrops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidrops