Subject: [Sidrops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidrops-8210bis-06.txt> (The Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) to Router Protocol, Version 2) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 12:32:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the SIDR Operations WG (sidrops) to
consider the following document: - 'The Resource Public Key Infrastructure
(RPKI) to Router Protocol,
   Version 2'
  <draft-ietf-sidrops-8210bis-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-04-29. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In order to verifiably validate the origin Autonomous Systems and
   Autonomous System Paths of BGP announcements, routers need a simple
   but reliable mechanism to receive Resource Public Key Infrastructure
   (RFC 6480) prefix origin data and router keys from a trusted cache.
   This document describes a protocol to deliver them.

   This document describes version 2 of the RPKI-Router protocol.  RFC
   6810 describes version 0, and RFC 8210 describes version 1.  This
   document obsoletes and replaces RFC 8210.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-8210bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.