Subject: Re: mostly open issues

From: "Tomas Fasth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:51:58 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: den 12 november 1998 21:39
Subject: RE: mostly open issues

>I venture to say that it must not.  Have you missed the following
>paragraph from the -04 Sieve spec?:

No Barry, I have not missed that paragraph. I may not completely agree with
it's wording, but that's not the point here. Never the less, you got me
curious. Are you saying that I am prohibited to implement MIME encapsulation
as part of a forward action? Can you elaborate on the reason to explicitely
prohibit this?

Returning to the reason for my apparently contoversal venture, the
discussion was about whether resent headers SHOULD be generated as part of a
forward action. If the paragraph you're referring to is not a subject for
change, this also rules out the insertion of resent headers. If so, I am
content with the situation. If not, we have a problem here, MIME
encapsulation or not.

Tomas