Subject: Revised Sieve White Paper now available

From: Matthew Wall <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 19:47:08 -0500

Gentle Sievesters,

I have revised the Sieve White Paper, which is available at:

<http://www.cyrusoft.com/sieve/sievewhitepaper.pdf>

While this is listed as Version 2.00, it is more a sort of 1.1 in terms of 
revisions. The substance of the revisions is as follows:

- corrected some lingering typos from the last version

- updated all the appropriate document numbers and references to same, most 
notably the change of the base document from ID to PS/RFC3028. I also 
updated a few products mentioned which have changed names in the past year. 
I double-checked the examples against the final 3028 syntax and found 
nothing lacking, but perhaps another set of eyes would be helpful.

- illustrated some references to previously fictitious proposed extensions 
with their real-life counterparts, notably Ken and Tim Martin's extensions.

- added some screenshots of Mulberry 2.1, since it was the best 
illustration I could find of a graphical Sieve editor. By all means, if 
you'd like to use your own product as an illustration, send me links to 
list on the website. I gotta work with what I have 8-).

- I added an extra section: "The Future: A Sieve Manifesto" to make it even 
more obvious what I think people should do with Sieve, most especially 
since it's advancing on standards track finally.

This is linked live off the Cyrusoft and Sieve websites, since I consider 
this the final version of this document, but as ever, kindly suggestions 
for its improvement shall be warmly entertained by the author. Translation: 
send me comments if ya got 'em.

I will be updating the Sieve website to reflect the new document numbers 
later in the week, as well as some press links we've gotten in the last six 
months, and as I've been widely hinting, NOW would be a good time to send 
me your allowable company/product news in the interests of establishing a 
bandwagon effect for Sieve.

Grazie!!

-- matt

  Matt Wall
  Veep Prod-Bus Dev / Evangelist
  Cyrusoft International, Inc. * The Mulberry People
  mailto:[email-masked]
  http://www.cyrusoft.com
  +1 (412) 605 0499