Subject: Re: draft-segmuller-sieve-relation-01.txt

From: Wolfgang Segmuller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:35:26 -0400

I've just sent the -02 document to the drafts editor.

--On Monday, May 13, 2002 2:59 PM -0400 Ken Murchison <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

>
> 3. Is specifying a :comparator for a :count match required, or should we
> assume "i;ascii-numeric" if not specified otherwise (although this
> contradicts the base spec?  If so, should require "relational" then
> imply require "i;ascii-numeric"?
>

At the moment, it is not required, but since the default comparator is 
i;ascii-casemap it really must be specified.

I could see changing the default comparator to i;ascii-numeric if :count is 
specified.  This would modify the base specification which says that the 
default comparator is i;ascii-casemap.

It would be nice if require "relational" implies require "i;ascii-numeric", 
but I think that would be a tough sell since it would violate the base 
specification.  Also it is possible to create a sieve script that uses 
relational, but does not use i;ascii-numeric.

Wolfgang

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:03:28 -0400

> relational, but does not use i;ascii-numeric.

Agreed on all points.  Its probably best to just leave it as-is.

Ken
-- 
Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
--PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp