Subject: sieve action: pipe

From: "Mark E. Mallett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:29:56 -0400

Hi-

I have a little sieve implementation that I have been tinkering with.
Using it I've managed to almost completely abandon my old .procmailrc .
The only remaining things in .procmailrc are those that pipe to a
script.  e.g.:

:0 W: $REPORTS/news-rep.lock
* ^From: .*news@news-server-name
* ^Subject: .*Daily Usenet report
| $REPORTS/news-rep.sh

I would like to make something like a "pipeinto" action similar to
"fileinto" -- e.g.:

    if allof (
       address :is "from" "news@news-server-name",
       header :is "subject" "daily usenet report" ) {
        pipeinto :lockfile "news-rep.lock" "news-rep.sh";
    }

Have there been any thoughts about such a facility?  I'd rather
use an agreed-upon format than make something up, but I wasn't
able to find anything.

mm