Subject: Central Sieve homepage

From: Aaron Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:34:36 -0800

Since the demise of Cyrusoft, is there a new central information webpage
with resourcs about Sieve? If not, I'd like to propose that sieve.sf.net
be registered as used as such. An open wiki, ala freedesktop.org, would
probably serve well as information store.

Aaron

---

From: "Alexandros Vellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:15:04 +0200 (EET)

> probably serve well as information store.

I started an attempt to make a site that has up-to-date information,
starting with the existing document that Cyrus Daboo was maintaining. My
effort is at http://email.uoa.gr/sieve/ . I wanted to update the document
with extensive information about implementations and links to current
drafts through the ietfreport.isoc.org site. Unfortunately I had other
time-consuming things that kept me from it in the meantime.

If you agree with the effort, I can take the responsibility and make it
up-to-date. I can also add a wiki or other tools according to popular
demand.

There is also the wiki page at fastmail.fm that describes implementations
of the various extensions and capabilities.

I know the domain name I have is not the greatest, perhaps we can change
it. (sieve.info is very good and available ;) )

Alexandros

---

From: Aaron Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:27:14 -0800

Oh, what about imc.org? Like, imc.org/sieve?

We might also ask that a separate Sieve section be made on the page
http://www.imc.org/rfcs.html what with the Sieve extensions each
becoming its own RFC.

Aaron

---

From: Alexandros Vellis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 00:42:25 +0200

> Oh, what about imc.org? Like, imc.org/sieve?

No problem, if they can offer adequate ways to access and edit content
in their servers.

BTW using Sourceforge is not a bad idea, because it will be independent
of any entity and will allow many people to participate and contribute.

I will try to update the pages I have resurrected, so that we'll have a
starting point.

-- 
Alexandros Vellis
[email-masked]