Subject: I can not filter emails with words with accents

From: Sebas PRE <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:43:26 +0200

I would like to create a sieve filter to deliver to a folder all mail with
"leído:" in the Subject: header, but it does not work.

Sieve does not seem to detect words with accents. Does it exist any workaround
to this problem?

Greetings and thanks.

Sebastián Calero.

---

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:40:23 +0200

> Sieve does not seem to detect words with accents. Does it exist any workaround

this is a bug in the implementation of Sieve you're using.  I see you're
using IMP, so it's probably Cyrus.  I myself have had problems with
non-ASCII not matching in Cyrus IMAPD 2.2.12, but I have never started
digging for the error.  in any case, that is better discussed on the
info-cyrus mailing list.

Sieve *does* have a problem with the wildcard '?' matching accented
letters, or rather, it's very inconvenient to write the script right.
it doesn't sound like this is your problem, and I guess it's not so
common to use it for more than

  if header :matches "Subject" [ "Vi?gr?", "V?agr?" ]

:-)
-- 
Kjetil T.

---

From: Sebas PRE <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:22:35 +0200

Yes I use Cyrus IMAPD 2.2.12 and go to ask to the info-cyrus the same 
cuestión.

The problem I think is related with the encode of mail headers, when a 
mail have
accents for example in the Subject this header is encoded:

Example this is I see in a mail sent with Outlook Express with a Subject like
"leído":

Subject: =?iso-8859-1?B?bGXtZG8=?=

I don´t know if sieve considers this.

Greetings...

Sebastián Calero.