Subject: Multiple tagged arguments with the same tag?

From: Michael Haardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:21:51 +0200

A simple question: Are multiple tagged arguments with the same tag
allowed?

Just guessing, they are not, but 3028bis should specify that.  I suppose
nobody wants to use CommonLISP as normative reference. :)

Michael

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:24:47 -0700 (PDT)

> A simple question: Are multiple tagged arguments with the same tag

My implementation checks and disallows them.

> nobody wants to use CommonLISP as normative reference. :)

Agreed on both counts, although the CL book is excellent.

				Ned

---

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:04:33 +0200

> My implementation checks and disallows them.

okay.  the current draft also says "These next tokens [after the tagged
argument] may be numbers or strings but they are never blocks."  this
seems to imply string lists are allowed, but it's not quite clear to me.

if we rule out

  someaction :recipient "one" :recipient "two"

it would be useful to allow extensions to do

  someaction :recipient ["one", "two"]

-- 
Kjetil T.

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:44:17 -0700 (PDT)

> seems to imply string lists are allowed, but it's not quite clear to me.

I see no reason not to allow string lists as paramater arguments. My
implementation certainly allows them.

>   someaction :recipient ["one", "two"]

Agreed.

				Ned

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:32:24 +0100

>My implementation checks and disallows them.
CMU implementation checks and disallows as well (at least this is true 
for comparators).

---

From: Aaron Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 01:56:35 -0700

> > On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 16:24 -0700, Ned Freed wrote:
[snip]
> >   someaction :recipient ["one", "two"]

Neat, I like this.

Aaron

---

From: Michael Haardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:22:13 +0200

>   someaction :recipient ["one", "two"]

The vacation extension already uses

  [":addresses" string-list]

To me, 3028 meant to say that tagged arguments can not be blocks, only
data, and worded it in an unfortunate way.

Michael