Subject: about draft-freed-sieve-date-index-04

From: Dilyan Palauzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 13:48:33 +0100

Hello,
Some notes on date-index:

*1. Introduction:
*
*   Some header fields containing date/time information, e.g.  Received:,
*   naturally occur more than one in a single header.
For me it sounds better "occur more than once"

* 4. Date test:
*
*   Implementations MAY support extraction of date-time information
*   that appears in other positions in the header field content.

What shall a sieve interpreter do, if a header contains at two places
a date - in the middle, and at the end?

I would suggest, that implementations interpret always the last
mentioned date in the header, or include means to access the not-last
mentioned date.

4.2. Date-part argument,

*     "minute"    => the current hour, "00" .. "59".
shall be
       "minute"    => the current minute, "00" .. "59".

    Greetings,
      Dilian

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 07:05:05 -0800 (PST)

> a date - in the middle, and at the end?

AFAIK no such header has ever been defined, but hey, it avoids a tiny bit of
ambiguity so I have no problem with saying use the last value is the one to
use. After all, who knows what wierdness is floating around in a Received:
field somewhere?

>        "minute"    => the current minute, "00" .. "59".

Cut and paste error of course. Will be fixed in the next version.

				Ned