Subject: Suggested minor change to 3028bis13: missing reference

From: Stephan Bosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 13:28:35 +0100

Hello,

I hope I am still somewhat on time for the following suggested minor 
change to the 3028bis specification. It regards the encoded-character 
extension of section 2.4.2.4 again.

When I had a look at the ABNF specifications for the hex and unicode 
encodings, I was a bit puzzled about where to find the specifications of 
WSP and HEXDIG respectively. Luckily, I was able to find these 
eventually in the ABNF specification of RFC4234. Although this RFC is 
(of course) referenced as [ABNF] for sections 8.1 and 8.2 regarding the 
lexical tokens and grammar of Sieve, it is missing in section 2.4.2.4. 
The WSP and HEXDIG specifications are used nowhere else in the document 
and it might not be clear (to the novice specification reader) where 
these might be found.

So, it might be useful to add another reference to [ABNF] in section 
2.4.2.4.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
[email-masked]

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:12:27 +0300

Stephan Bosch wrote:
> encodings, I was a bit puzzled about where to find the specifications 
> of WSP and HEXDIG respectively. Luckily, I was able to find these 
> (of course) referenced as [ABNF] for sections 8.1 and 8.2 regarding 
> the lexical tokens and grammar of Sieve, it is missing in section 
> 2.4.2.4. The WSP and HEXDIG specifications are used nowhere else in 
> the document and it might not be clear (to the novice specification 
> reader) where these might be found.
>
Hi Stephan,
I think this is a reasonable change and would improve readability of the 
document, so I will ask RFC-editor to do the change.

Thanks,
Alexey