Subject: new body draft (-09) submitted

From: Philip Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:13:49 -0600

I just submitted draft-ietf-sieve-body-09.txt with a handful of minor 
tweaks.  Could have done them as notes to the RFC editor, but as long as 
I'm feeling spritely, might as well just roll a new rev...

To quote the changelog in the draft:

11.1 Changes from draft-ietf-sieve-body-08.txt

    Add a "Capability Identifier" section to match existing RFCs.

    Make the normative and information references subsections of a
    "References" section to match existing RFCs.

    Tweak description field of the IANA registration.

    Change "wild card" to "wildcard".

A couple of those were in response to a review done by Christian Vogt back 
in January.  I had misfiled his comments and only found them again after 
the -08 revision was posted.  His major concern was that the 'no body' vs 
'empty body' distinction should not be made; I disagree and pushed back on 
that, citing parallelism with the 'header' and 'address' tests and the 
observation that the distinction can only affect tests that actually match 
the empty body.  While it's unlikely that a real user filter would care 
about this, a filter processing messages that were programmatically 
generated might.  <shurg>

Philip Guenther