Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sieve Email Filtering: Reject and Extended Reject Extensions
	Author(s)       : A. Stone, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-09.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-11-17

This memo updates the definition of the Sieve mail filtering language
"reject" extension, originally defined in RFC 3028.

A "Joe-job" is a spam run forged to appear as though it came from an
innocent party, who is then generally flooded by automated bounces,
Message Disposition Notifications (MDNs), and personal messages with
complaints.  The original Sieve "reject" action defined in RFC 3028
required use of MDNs for rejecting messages, thus contributing to the
flood of Joe-job spam to victims of Joe-jobs.
This memo updates the definition of the "reject" action to allow
messages to be refused during the SMTP transaction, and defines the
"ereject" action to require messages to be refused during the SMTP
transaction, if possible.

The "ereject" action is intended to replace the "reject" action
wherever possible.  The "ereject" action is similar to "reject", but
will always favor protocol level message rejection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.