Subject: Re: IUAP: Bit order in DLCI field

From: Eva Weilandt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 08:19:02 +0200

Hi Ken,

I'm just wondering if this definition of the DLCI field in IUA is on
purpose? It seems to be just the other way round as it is defined in Q.921.

       0     1     2     3     4     5     6     7
    +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
    |  0  | SPR |      SAPI                         |
    +-----------------------------------------------+
    |  1  |            TEI                          |
    +-----------------------------------------------+
                                                IUA definition

       8     7     6     5     4     3     2     1
    +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
    |      SAPI                         | C/R |  0  |
    +-----------------------------------------------+
    |            TEI                          |  1  |
    +-----------------------------------------------+
                                                Q.921 definition

I just stumbled over this for V5UA, it would mean that we can not just copy
this field but have to reformat it when we then use it for the V5 interface.
Or am I completely wrong?

The sentence ' The DLCI field (including the SAPI and TEI) is coded in
accordance with Q.921.'  in the IUAP then is a little bit missleading,
that's what confused me in the first time.

Regards,

Eva

Ken Morneault wrote:

> Eva,
>
> Sorry, I must have missed this email.  The UAs use
> "network byte order" or Big Endian (see definition
> in IUA).  This means the MSBit is bit 0 as you
> note below.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ken
>
>

--
------------------------------------------------

Dr. Eva Weilandt

V5.2 Development

Nortel Networks Germany

88039 Friedrichshafen / Germany

Tel. +49-7545-96-7267     Fax +49-7545-96-8160

ESN 565-7267

ÿÿØ¢æ«yË«éí—+.nÇ+‰·¶‹"‚ÚÚ«ÿ²(-©ÿj·!Š÷ÿ–+-³øžµÿè®èº{.nÇ+‰·¬zwZnV§‘éšŠ[h•æ¯{û"‚ÚÚŸþ:ÓžFþ\«ŠÏç¢»^–wÂŠä³÷(

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:58:54 -0400

Eva,

Sorry for the delayed response.  Please see below.

Regards,

Ken

>purpose? It seems to be just the other way round as it is defined in Q.921.

Please consider that the lsbit is transmitted first and msbit is
transmitted last. 

>¢æ«yË«éí—+.nÇ+‰·¶‹"‚ÚÚ«$šŠçy«‚! Žã¢éì¹»®&Þ±éÝi¹ZžG¦j)m¢Wš½ë"‚ÚÚŸ_yèÙr®+'¢»^wÂŠä±Ê& 

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]