Subject: SUA - receipt of SCON at IPSP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:50:08 +0100

I have a SUA query,

As I understand it, the SCON message is sent from the SG to all concerned
ASPs to indicate that a peer SCCP is congested at an affected destination
point, i.e. the SCON message is used as an SSC message.  There doesn't
appear to be any specific actions specified for the SUA at the IPSP on
receipt of an SCON message. How would the SCCP User information about a
change in the restricted importance level, as contained in the SCCP
N-PCSTATE primitive, be provided to the IP based SCCP Users (i.e. are the
new SCCP congestion and flow control procedures supported)?

Thanks,

Karen

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:25:44 -0500

Karen,

I think that you'll find that SCON corresponding to TFC yields the
N-PCSTATE primitive.  SCON corresponding to SSC activates whatever
implementation dependent (in SS7 also) SCCP congestion function is
present at the SG.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                           (Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:50:08)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---