Subject: [SUA issues 3,6,7] text

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:04:19 +0300

Hi all,

There was a suggestion to split up the flags parameter into components.

Please see if these parameters are sufficient.

John

3.10.x Hop counter 

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |         Tag = 0x010x          |             Length = 8        |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |                unused                         |  Hop Counter  |  
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Hop Counter (3.18/Q.713)

The value of the hop counter is decremented with each global title
translation, and should be in the range 15 to 1.

mandatory in CLDT, CLDR, CORE.

3.10.y Importance & Message Priority(or Priority) 

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |         Tag = 0x010y          |             Length = 8        |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |          Importance           |        Message Priority       |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Importance (3.19/Q.713)

Bits 1-3 are coded to indicate the importance of the messages. The values
are between 0 and 7, where the value of 0 indicates the least important and
7 indicates the most important.

Bits 4-8 are spare bits and should be coded zero.

mandatory in CLDT, CLDR, CORE, COAK, COREF, RELRE.

3.10.z Protocol Class

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |         Tag = 0x010z          |             Length = 8        |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |                  unused                       |  Protocol Cl. |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Protocol class (3.6/Q.713)

Bits 1-2 indicate the protocol class.

		Value	Description 
      	  0       Class 0 (connectionless service) 
      	  1       Class 1 (connectionless service) 
      	  2       Class 2 (connection-oriented service) 
      	  3       Class 3 (connection-oriented service)

Bit 8 indicates the use of the return on error procedure.

		Value	Description 
      	 0x0		No special options
      	 0x1		Return message on error

		Bits 3-7 are spare and should be coded zero.

3.10.zz Sequence Control

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |         Tag = 0x010zz         |             Length = 8        |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |                        Sequence  Control  				|
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Mandatory in CLDT, CORE, COAK, COIT.

Sequence Control (1.1.2/Q.714)

The field is coded with the value of the sequence control parameter
associated with a group of messages and are chosen so as to ensure proper
loadsharing of message groups over SLS values while ensuring that sequence
control values within message groups have the sequence control value coded
with the same value as the initial message of the message group.

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]