Subject: [SUA Issue 14, M3UA]: REG REQ

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 04:30:58 -0500

John, Greg,

In both M3UA and the current SUA proposal for registration
the Routing Key is fixed against a RC after the registration
is complete.  There is no provision to permit the ASP to
change the Routing Key without first deregistering.  This
is not good on a live system.

An example is where an ASP wants to add additional CIC-ranges
to an existing AS, or where an ASP wants to add additional
GT's to an existing AS.

As a quick solution, I propose that we add Routing Context
as an optional parameter to the REG REQ message.  When included
in the REG REQ message the SG should interpret this to mean
that the Routing Key is to be added to the existing Routing
Context.

To remove Routing Key components from an existing AS, the
Routing Key parameters could be added as an optional component
of the DEREG REQ message.  When an RK is included in the
DEREG REQ message, the SG should interpret this to mean that
the Routing Key is to be removed from the existing Routing
Context.

The SG SHOULD apply the addition or removal of a Routing Key
component to Routing Keys received on one SGP to all SGP
consistent with the requirement that Routing Contexts must
be coordinated across SGP in an SG.

In addition, for SUA decoupled operation, SLR (and a few
other parameters of CORE or COAK) could be added to the SUA
REG REQ as an optional parameter of the Routing Key.  This
would permit an ASP to register with an SG the fact that it
has a connection for a given SLR/Dest within an existing
Routing Context.  This would permit seamless decoupled
connection-oriented operation in SUA by permitting multiple
SG to associate an ASP SLR/Dest value with a routing
context for routing CODT messages.  An ASP operating across
two SGP could register an SLR/Dest/... in the appropriate
routing context with all SGs which do not receive the CORE
or COAK message, so the SG can populate the attributes of
the connection.

This could resolve the connection-oriented problems in 
SUA Issue 14.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]