Subject: Clarification for v3 needed.

From: Patrick Lam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:58:33 -0700

For some reason, the last two times of sending this email returns me an
error, and I never get the message myself.  Therefore I am making this
3rd attempt.  If you have got this email more than once, sorry about
that ....
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Tom:

After a quick look over v3, I have a few questions that need you to
clarify:

1.  p.22, section 4.1.2 (MTP and SCTP Entities),
"Whenever the association is terminated, the client M2PA should
establish the association as soon as the termination procedure is
complete."

Why should we establish an association "as soon as" after it is
terminated?

2.  p.28, section 4.1.3 (Link Alignment),
" .....    (d) M2PA has received a Link Status Ready OR User Data
       message from its peer."

Should the above sentence refer to "Link Status Ready"?  Or " Link
Status Proving
Complete"?

3.  p.32, section 4.2.5 (MTP3 Signaling Link Congestion),
" ... For national networks with multiple
congestion threshold levels, M2PA shall notify MTP3 of the congestion
and discard status levels."

The above paragraph said that M2PA shall discard the status level.  But
later on,
p.43, section 5.6 (MTP3 Signaling Link Congestion), the figure shows
that M2PA has to
reply with the "level" indicated.

So, should M2PA discard the level or indicate it to MTP3?

Thanks very much in advance,

Patrick.

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]