Subject: Commnet on SUA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:39:33 +0300

Hello,

Chapter 1.5.4 talks about "unordered" and "ordered" streams. My
understanding is that there are no such streams in SCTP. A stream can be
used simultaniously in both ways. It is of course possible that an SUA
implementation chooses some number of outbound streams which are used
exclusively in an unordered fashion. 

Is 1.5.4. implying that some streams within an association should be used
only in unordered fashion? If it is, this should be spelled out more
clearly. Furthermore, when SUA introduces a notion "unordered stream" then
does it mean that a stream used by SUA implementation MUST be EITHER
"unordered" or "ordered"?

BTW, what's the reason behind dividing streams into unordered and ordered?

/Mikael

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:18:16 -0500

Mikael,

I have already pointed this out.  Hopefully it is on John's list or has
already been corrected in the latest edits on the draft.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                    (Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:39:33)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---