Subject: Re: SUAv7 : General Comments

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:01:37 -0500

......resend

Sandeep,

Another reason for having RC in all CO and CL data messages is
so that the SGP and ASP can do their job with regards to ASP
Traffic Management procedures.  Neither the ASP nor the SGP can
perform ASPTM procedures (ASP Active, ASP Inactive) adequately
unless an RC is included or implied in all data and SNMM messages.
It is otherwise impossible for the SGP or ASP to determine
which messages belong to which AS as is necessary for the
procedures.

It is clear that to support ASPTM procedures, RC is required to
be included or implied in all CO, CL and SNMM messages, and should
be optional to include at any other time as well.  An SGP or
ASP should be allowed to choose to include an RC in the message,
even when it is implied by the association.

Because of its use for ASPTM procedures involving CL, CO and SNMM
messages, there is no argument for a specific message (CODT)
which will change the need for the RC parameter in all messages
other than ASPUP/Ack, ASPDN/Ack and REG REQ.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                            (Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:49:48)
> 
> 
> 
> Hi ,
> 
> To restate the problem is whether CO Data messages should have RC parameters ?
> The rational for having RC in these messages seems to be  to avoid having a SCCP
> state machine at ASP and use RC parameter for de-multiplexing CO Data messages
> to correct User at ASP.  I disagree with this approach . I think SUA does not
> and SHOULD not recommend not having a SCCP peer to peer state machine at ASP.
> 
> Please see some comments below ..
> 
> Best Regards,
> -Sandeep
> 

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:11:35 -0500

Sandeep,

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---