Subject: Alignment of SUA, M2UA, M3UA and IUA

From: "Jesske, R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:32:27 +0200

Hi,
I found some common parameters that should (from my point of view) be aligned. Within the following parameters the allocation of the values are doubled (tripled).

Or is there no need to align this parameters, because there is a uniqueness in combination with the used adaptation layer?
 
1. Reason Parameter 0xA

Value Reason                 Used in adaptation layer   
0x0   Unspecified            SUA              
0x1   Management Inhibit     IUA              
0x1   Management             M2UA              
0x1   User Unavailable       SUA
0x2   Management Blocking    SUA
0x3   ASP Fault              SUA

2. Traffic Mode Type 0xB

Value Mode                     Used in adaptation layer
1	Over-ride	             M2UA, M3UA,SUA
2	Load-share	             M2UA, M3UA,SUA
3	Broadcast	             M2UA, M3UA
4	Over-ride (Standby)	 M3UA
5	Load-share (Standby)	 M3UA
6	Broadcast (Standby)	 M3UA
3	Over-ride (Standby)	 SUA
4	Load-share (Standby)	 SUA

3. Error Code 0xC
                                               
Error Code	                                    IUA   M2UA  M3UA	SUA
Invalid Version                                 0x01  0x01  0x01  0x01
Invalid Network Appearance                      ----  ----  ----  0x02
Invalid Interface Identifier                    0x02  0x02  0x02  ----
(Unexpected SUA)Unsupported Message Class       0x03  0x03  0x03  0x03
Unsupported Message Type                        0x04  0x04  0x04  0x04
Unsupported Traffic Handling Mode               0x05  0x05  0x05  0x05
Unexpected Message                              0x06  0x06  0x06  0x06
Protocol Error                                  0x07  0x07  0x07  0x07
Invalid Routing Context                         ----  ----  0x08  0x08
Unsupported Interface Identifier Type           0x08  0x08  ----  ----
Invalid Stream Identifier                       0x09  0x09  0x09  0x09
Invalid Parameter Value                         ----  0x0a  0x0a  ----
Unassigned TEI                                  0x0a  ----  ----  ----
Parameter Field Error                           ----  ----  ----  0x0b
Refused - Management Blocking                   ----  0x0b  0x0b  ----
Unrecognized SAPI                               0x0b  ----  ----  ----
Unexpected Parameter                            ----  ----  ----  0x0c
Unknown Routing Context                         ----  ----  0x0c  ----
Invalid TEI, SAPI combination                   0x0c  ----  ----  ----
Duplicated Parameter                            ----  ----  ----  0x0d
Missing, Duplicated or Invalid ASP Identifier   ----  ----  0x0e  ----

Best regards

Roland Jesske

Roland Jesske 
Gateways and Signalling 
T-Nova Deutsche Telekom Innovationsgesellschaft mbH 
Technologiezentrum 
Section E36o 
Am Kavaleriesand 3 
64295 DARMSTADT, GERMANY 
Phone:  +49 6151 83-5940 
Fax:    +49 6151 83-4577 
mailto: [email-masked] 
http://www.t-nova.de 

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:05:40 +0300

Hi Roland,

> I found some common parameters that should (from my point of 
> view) be aligned. Within the following parameters the 
> allocation of the values are doubled (tripled).
> 
> Or is there no need to align this parameters, because there 
> is a uniqueness in combination with the used adaptation layer?

I belive that these should be aligned.  Since IUA is an RFC, lets
work with that.  
  
> 0x2   Management Blocking    SUA

I propose

1. Reason Parameter 0xA

Value Reason                 		Used in adaptation layer   
0x0   Unspecified            		SUA              
0x1   Management (Inhibit/blocking) IUA / M2UA / SUA
0x2   User Unavailable       		SUA
0x3   ASP Fault              		SUA

Ken, is this OK with you?
 
> 4	Load-share (Standby)	 SUA

I will align SUA with the others.  Also, I think that we will be 
removing the Standby modes in SUA.
 
> 3. Error Code 0xC

Lets align these with IUA, so I propose (all values that I changed 
are marked with **):
                                                
Error Code	                                    IUA   M2UA  M3UA  SUA
Invalid Version                                 0x01  0x01  0x01  0x01
Invalid Interface Identifier                    0x02  0x02  0x02  ----
Unsupported Message Class       			0x03  0x03  0x03
0x03
Unsupported Message Type                        0x04  0x04  0x04  0x04
Unsupported Traffic Handling Mode               0x05  0x05  0x05  0x05
Unexpected Message                              0x06  0x06  0x06  0x06
Protocol Error                                  0x07  0x07  0x07  0x07
Unsupported Interface Identifier Type           0x08  0x08  ----  ----
Invalid Stream Identifier                       0x09  0x09  0x09  0x09
Unassigned TEI                                  0x0a  ----  ----  ----
Unrecognized SAPI                               0x0b  ----  ----  ----
Invalid TEI, SAPI combination                   0x0c  ----  ----  ----
Refused - Management Blocking                   ----  0x0d  0x0d  ---- **
Missing, Duplicated or Invalid ASP Identifier   ----  ----  0x0e  ----
Invalid Network Appearance                      ----  ----  ----  0x0f **
Invalid Routing Context                         ----  ----  0x10  0x10 **
Invalid Parameter Value                         ----  0x11  0x11  0x11 **
Parameter Field Error                           ----  ----  ----  0x12 **
Unexpected Parameter                            ----  ----  ----  0x13 **

For M3UA, Unknown Routing Context should/could be the same as Invalid 
Routing Context

For SUA, Unexpected Parameter should/could be the same as Duplicate
Parameter.

Does this work for everyone?

John

---

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:00:15 -0400

Pls see below.

Regards,

Ken

>Ken, is this OK with you?

John, there was a consensus to remove "Reason" from ASP
Down and ASP Down Ack (at least from M2UA and M3UA - 
M2UA will reflect this decision in v10).

>removing the Standby modes in SUA.

And, I hope they will be removed from M3UA also.

>You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]

---

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:08:22 +0300

Hi Ken,

> M2UA will reflect this decision in v10).

That is what I thought :) - I did remove it from SUA as 
well.
 
> And, I hope they will be removed from M3UA also.

Good.
 
> >Lets align these with IUA, so I propose (all values that I changed 

Were these error codes OK with you?

John

---

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:22:33 -0400

John,

The error codes were ok.

Ken

---