Subject: Re: [SUA issue 17] IPSP cases.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:55:20 -0500

John,

Let me ask a few questions and maybe that will make the issue
clearer:

Which IPSP sends APSUP?  What happens if both IPSPs sends ASPUP?
When one IPSP sends ASPAC for an RC does it activate it for both
IPSPs?  Or, does the other IPSP need to send ASPAC as well?  When
CO messages are exchanged, how does the receiving IPSP indicate
protocol specific error conditions to the other IPSP?  (i.e, those
which are provided peer-to-peer by the ER message in SCCP?).
Is there any coupling of connection sections between IPSP?  Does
an IPSP ever act as a relay point?  As an SCCP relay?  As an MTP
relay?  What is the role of the AMF for IPSPs?  Does the AMF sit
above or below the SCCP/SCCP-User interface?  Does an IPSP provide
an SCCP/SCCP-User interface to local SCCP-Users?  Does an IPSP need
to support multipled associations and multiple routing contexts
between IPSPs?  What parts of the SCCP state machines must be
implemented at the IPSP?  Can an SG be both an SGP and an IPSP?

The answers to these would be a start.

--brian

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, John Loughney wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> This issue was sent by Brian:
> 
> > This is an issue for SUA Last Call:
> > 
> > Insufficient considerations for IPSP to IPSP case.
> 
> Now, I've tried to figure out what exactly is needed & have come up
> with a blank - hopefully someone can inform me of what is needed.
> 
> John

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]