Subject: M3UA-06 draft - Question

From: Jacques Rajchgod <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:26:58 -0500

Throughout subject doc, the text expounds the principle that M3UA is an
adaptation layer that recreates/simulates or otherwise offers the services
expected by an SCN from its immediately-lower layer (Section 1.3.1). Ex:
M3UA would offer to a remote SSCP the services of an MTP3 as would be found
at a local MTP3.
M3UA would offer to a remote ISUP the same services that a local ISUP would
expect. Section 1.3.2 further beautifies the principle by explaining that
remote entities do not even know that their "reproduced MTP3" is not native!
All these explanations dribble-down to this: An M3UA offers the services
expected by its user. Put in different words, I would write: "M3UA
generates - at the remote point - the services expected by the remote MTP3
user." However, section 1.3.2 also states (9 lines into it) that M3UA does
not itself provide the MTP3 service. This seems contradictory. One statement
says that it YES provides the services expected, while another statement
says "NO  - it does not ITSELF offer the expected services...". Confusing.

Please help.
Thanks.

Jacques Rajchgod
MCI Worldcom
Next Generation System Evaluation
Tel: [972] 729-1487
E-mail: [email-masked]

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:46:01 -0500

Jacques,

M3UA provides access to the MTP3 services which providing them itself.
That is, M3UA transports the MTP to MTP-User service interface.

--brian

Jacques Rajchgod wrote:                                   (Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:26:58)
> 
>    Throughout subject doc, the text expounds the principle that M3UA is
>    an adaptation layer that recreates/simulates or otherwise offers the
>    services expected by an SCN from its immediately-lower layer (Section
>    1.3.1). Ex: M3UA would offer to a remote SSCP the services of an MTP3
>    as would be found at a local MTP3.
>    
>    M3UA would offer to a remote ISUP the same services that a local ISUP
>    would expect. Section 1.3.2 further beautifies the principle by
>    explaining that remote entities do not even know that their
>    "reproduced MTP3" is not native! All these explanations dribble-down
>    to this: An M3UA offers the services expected by its user. Put in
>    different words, I would write: "M3UA generates - at the remote point
>    - the services expected by the remote MTP3 user." However, section
>    1.3.2 also states (9 lines into it) that M3UA does not itself provide
>    the MTP3 service. This seems contradictory. One statement says that it
>    YES provides the services expected, while another statement says "NO
>    - it does not ITSELF offer the expected services...". Confusing.
>    
>    
>    
>    Please help.
>    
>    Thanks.
>    
>    
>    
>    Jacques Rajchgod
>    MCI Worldcom
>    You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
>    To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>    [email-masked]

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---