Subject: [M3UA / SUA] Gracefull shutdown of SGP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:12:35 +0300

Hi all,

> Is there any way in the existing M3UA, SUA procedures to
> peform a graceful shutdown of an SGP which has active ASPs?
> 
> Say that, for maintenance purposes, I want to take one of a
> number of SGP out of service.  Can this be performed at the
> SG?  Or, does one need to tell the ASPs to remove traffic
> from the SGP first?
> 
> What would be advantageous would be a procedure whereby the
> SGP can notify ASPs to which it has associations that it is
> about to go out of service.  That way, when a card is about
> to be pulled at the SG, the ASPs can gracefully reconfigure
> themselves on the remaining SGP before the card is pulled.

Brian proposed the above text - from reading the follow-ups,
there seems to be some support for this.  However, a solution
has not been suggested that has been agreed upon.

How can we move forward on this issue?

John

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]