Subject: Received of M3UA Peer Management Messages

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:27:43 -0500

Section 4.2.1 says:

  Upon successful state changes resulting from reception of ASP Up, 
  ASP Down, ASP Active and ASP Inactive messages from a peer M3UA, the 
  M3UA layer SHOULD invoke corresponding M-ASP_UP, M-ASP_DOWN, M-
  ASP_ACTIVE and M-ASP_INACTIVE, M-AS_ACTIVE, M-AS_INACTIVE, and M-
  AS_DOWN indication primitives to the local Layer Management.

I think that it has been made pretty clear that local management
primitives and procedures are for illustration.  There is no need
to place a requirement on when they should be invoked as they are
optional altogether.  Change "SHOULD" to, say, "will".

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:57:01 +0300

Hi Brian,

> optional altogether.  Change "SHOULD" to, say, "will".

I agree.  I'll handle this in SUA as well.

John

---