Subject: M3UA v9: Traffic Mode Mis-Match

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:19:17 -0500

Section 3.6.1 says:

  If the receiver of the REG REQ creates a new Routing Key entry, then 
  the Traffic Mode Type sets the traffic mode for the new Application 
  Server.  If the receiver of the REG REQ determines that a matching 
  Routing Key already exists, the Traffic Mode Type MUST match the 
  existing traffic mode for the AS.

This MUST should be reworded.  As traffic mode is an optional
parameter it is not an absolute requirement that it match the
existing traffic mode, particularly where it is not present.

Please reword to:

  If the receiver of the REG REQ determines that a matching Routing
  Key already exists, and the traffic mode was specified in the
  Routing Key, the Traffic Mode Type MUST match the existing traffic
  mode for the AS.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]