Subject: M3UA v9:

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:31:21 -0500

Section 4.1.1 says:

  When there is no Routing Key match, or only a partial match, for an 
  incoming SS7 message, a default treatment MUST be specified.  Possible 
  solutions are to provide a default Application Server at the SGP that 
  directs all unallocated traffic to a (set of) default ASP(s), or to 
  drop the message and provide a notification to Layer Management in an 
  M-ERROR indication primitive.

Because it is quite possible for the NIF or MTP3 stack to handle this
situation before ever forwarding a message to M3UA, this MUST is
completely unnecessary.  This is implementation specific.  Either change
"MUST" to "could" or get rid of this altogether.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]