Subject: SUA v8 - Conflicting statements

From: "Benjamin J. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:06:14 -0400

If the ASP connects to the SGP and immediatley sends and ASPDN message
what should
happen?

Section 4.3.4.1  - end of 3rd to last paragraph

"If the SGP receives any other SUA messages before ASPUP message is
received,
the SGP SHOULD discard them."

Section 4.3.4.2 - paragraph 4

"The SGP MUST send an ASPDN ACK message in response to a received ASPDN
message
from the ASP, even if the ASP is already marked as down at the SGP."

I assume the MUST supercedes the SHOULD?   Still should be cleaned up
I think.

Cheers,

Ben

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]