Subject: M3UA v9: ASP Inactive Procedures

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:54:46 -0500

Section 4.3.4.5 says:

  If no other ASPs in the Application Server are in the state 
  ASP-ACTIVE, the SGP MUST send a Notify message ("AS-Pending") to 
  all of the ASPs in the AS which are in the state ASP-INACTIVE.  
  The SGP SHOULD start buffering the incoming messages for T(r)
  seconds, after which messages MAY be discarded.  T(r) is 

This begs the question as to how a ASP is treated when it moves
from ASP-DOWN to ASP-INACTIVE when an AS for which the ASP is
ASP-INACTIVE is in the AS-PENDING state.  It seems that the SG
MUST send an "AS-Pending" to the ASP immediately when it goes
up.  Otherwise, if the ASP which is going up is expected to
get the AS state from another ASP, is not this Notify message
completely advisory?  Why then the MUST?

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]