Subject: SUA: Text proposal for multiple SGs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:40:19 +0300

Hi all,

Here is Gery's proposal summarized.  I think that the text isn't completely
clear - Gery, could you fill out the text?

Thanks,
John

Effects on messages:
Optional in ASPAC

3.10.26 TID Label

    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
   |          Tag = 0x010a         |            Length = 8         |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |     start     |      end      |         label value           |
   +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+

The Start parameter is the start position of label, between 0 (LSB) and 31
(MSB)´.

The End parameter is the  end position of label, between 0 (LSB) and 31
(MSB).

Label value is a 16 bit interger, which is unique across an AS.

3.10.27 DRN Label

    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
   |          Tag = 0x010b         |            Length = 8         |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |     start     |      end      |         label value           |
   +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+

The Start parameter is the start position of label, between 0 (LSB) and 31
(MSB)´.

The End parameter is the  end position of label, between 0 (LSB) and 31
(MSB).

Label value is a 16 bit interger, which is unique across an AS.

Add to Procedure Text in chapter 4:

The SG can build up and update a distribution table for a certain Routing
Contexts, any time the association is established and/or the ASP goes
active. The SG has to performs some trivial plausibility checks:

- start, end between 0 and 31 (between 0 and 23 for DRN with decoupled
approach)
- 0 < (start - end + 1) <= 16 (label maximum 16-bit)
- start/end values are the same for each ASP which goes active for this RC
- TID resp. DRN label values must be different for each ASP

If any of these checks fail, the ASP cannot go active (neg ack with error
"invalid label"). It is clear from RC (CL, CO or both) which labels must be
present. If it is not required for the SG to perform distribution, no labels
are present in any ASPAC for this RC.

If an ASP is not available, the SG may generate (X)UDTS "routing failure",
if CL with return option is used. For CO, either IT or flow control
procedures are adequate; SG simply has to discard the message.

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 04:09:57 -0500

John,

This procudure will not work.

--brian

John Loughney wrote:                                         (Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:40:19)
> You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:03:02 +0300

Hi Brian,

> This procudure will not work.

Gery has submitted enhanced text for his proposal.  Please comment
on it.  Currently, I counted 5 votes for Procedure 2 (Gery's) and
only one for yours.

Additionally, if you feel that yours is superior, it can always be
addressed in an extension draft.

John

---