Subject: Re: Questions regarding to the basic concept of SCTP ... (and M2PA)

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:51:32 -0500

Patrick Lam wrote:
  [...] 
> Also, in terms of SS7 links, does 1 SCTP association correspond to 1
> link?  

That depends on which adaptation layer you are using. In M2PA, that is
correct. A link is represented by an association.

>          If so, according to Figure 10 of M2PA draft v03, where 2
> associates are setup with 1 physical ethernet connection, we can setup 2
> SS7 links on 1 physical connection.  Is this interpretation correct?

Yes. This may not be a good idea in some cases, but the protocol allows
for it.

-- 
* Tom George        972-519-3168         [email-masked]   *
* PB2-1323       Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel USA, Inc.; 1000 Coit Rd, MS PB2-STPA; Plano TX 75075-5813   *
* I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel USA, Inc. I do not purport *
* to advertise or represent its position,  operations, or activities. *

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]