Subject: SUAv8: ASP Up Procedures

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:38:27 -0500

Section 4.3.4.1 states:

   The ASP must wait for the ASP Up Ack message before sending any other 
   SUA messages (e.g., ASP Active or REG REQ).  If the SGP receives any 
   other SUA messages before an ASP Up message is received, the SGP 
   SHOULD discard them. 

Change "SHOULD" to "MAY".  SUA should not tell an implementation
when to discard messages.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:49:34 +0300

Hi Brian,

> I take it this came over from M3UA, but it is no applicable in
> M3UA either because the restart procedures are rather different.
> This needs to be worded to work with SUA.  
> 
> Strike this sentence.

You are correct, the sentance is struck.

John

---

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:52:36 +0300

Hi Brian,

> when to discard messages.

I guess MAY is OK here.  The point being that the ASP MUST wait for the
ASP Up ACK.  If it does send anything before that, it cannot assume
the messages will be handled.

I'll make the modification to MAY.

John

---

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:34:15 -0500

John,

There is futher discussion on this with regard to M3UA.  As they are
common passages, we should work them out for both.

--brian

John Loughney wrote:                                         (Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:52:36)
> You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:08:33 +0300

Hi Brian,

> common passages, we should work them out for both.

This is fine with me.  For future ease, perhaps it would be useful
to indicate issues which effect both SUA & M3UA in the subject line.

John

---