Subject: Protecting Confidentiality

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:32:09 -0500

Section 6.3 says:

  Particularly for mobile users, the requirement for confidentiality may 
  include the masking of IP addresses and ports.  In this case 
  application level encryption is not sufficient; IPSEC ESP [23] SHOULD 
  be used instead.  Regardless of which level performs the encryption, 
  the IPSEC ISAKMP [24] service SHOULD be used for key management.

Should'nt this level of security be addresed in conjunction with SCTP
(which it is already) rather than M3UA?  I don't see why M3UA should
recommend methods which are better and more properly addressed within
the scope of SCTP.

Please strike this section.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]