Subject: ASP Active Procedures

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:41:16 -0500

Section 4.3.4.4:

  function.  In the case where an ASP wishes to process the traffic for 
  more than one Application Server across a common SCTP association, the 
  ASP Active message(s) SHOULD contain a list of one or more Routing 
  Contexts to indicate for which Application Servers the ASP Active 
  message applies. It is not necessary for the ASP to include all Routing 
  Contexts of interest in a single ASP Active message, thus requesting to 
  become active in all Routing Contexts at the same time.  Multiple ASP 
  Active messages MAY be used to activate within the Application Servers 
  independently, or in sets.  In the case where an ASP Active message 
  does not contain a Routing Context parameter, the receiver must know, 
  via configuration data, which Application Server(s) the ASP is a 
  member.

This "SHOULD" needs to be changed to a "MUST", but taking into consideration
the latter part of the paragraph (when all RC's for the ASP are implied).

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]