Subject: M3UAv9: SS7 Point Code State Maintenance at ASP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:21:31 +0530

Hi,

1) In the scenario where a ASP is connected to multiple SGs and there are
multiple SGPs within the same SG via which a single Point Code in SS7 network is
accessible. Should ASP keep the availability/un-availability/congestion status
of PC in SS7 network via each SGP or via each SG? There seems to be some
conflicting text in M3UA v9? Also does the same applies to SUAv8?

4.5.2.2 Multiple SGP Configurations
At an ASP, upon receiving a Signalling Network Management message from
the remote M3UA Peer, the M3UA layer updates the status of the affected
route(s) via the originating SG and determines, whether or not the
overall availability or congestion status of the effected
destination(s) has changed.

1.4.2.5 Message Distribution at the ASP
  .. [chip]
Implementation Note: Where more than one route (or SGP) is
possible for routing to the SS7 network, the ASP could, for example,
maintain a dynamic table of available SGP routes for the SS7
destinations, taking into account the SS7 destination
availability/restricted/congestion status received from the SGP(s), the
availability status of the individual SGPs and configuration changes
and failover mechanisms.

2) Should ASP be performing Audit procedure (sending Audit message) per SG or
for all SGPs within a SG? In the following text does SGP corrosponds to any SGP
of a SG or ALL SGPs of a SG.
3.4.3 Destination State Audit (DAUD)
The DAUD message MAY be sent from the ASP to the SGP to audit the
availability/congestion state of SS7 routes from the SG to one
or more affected destinations.

Best Regards,
-Sandeep

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Angermayr Manfred <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:55:02 +0200

Hi,
the SS7 MTP 3 Layer at an SG is not partitioned, so all SGPs of an SG have the same SS7 connectivity via the MTP 3. 
Also the definition of the SG in chapter 1.2 states: '...Where an SG contains more than 1 SGP, the SG is a logical entity and the contained SGPs are assumed to be coordinated into a single management view to the SS7 network and to the Application Servers.' Therefore the ASP should keep the states of a point code on an SG basis. Also the audit should be performed per SG.

Best regards,
Manfred Angermayr

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. Oktober 2001 11:52
An: sigtran
Betreff: M3UAv9: SS7 Point Code State Maintenance at ASP

Hi,

Best Regards,
-Sandeep

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---