Subject: SUAv8: Affected Point Code

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:27:00 -0500

Section 3.9.18 states:

   For use in SUA, the mask parameter SHOULD always be coded zero and 
   there MUST be only a single point code present. The receiving peer 
   SHOULD ignore the mask parameter 

This is unnecessary and negates the use of cluster management.

Remove this paragraph (and with it the unnecessary restriction).

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:49:29 +0300

Hi Brian,

> Remove this paragraph (and with it the unnecessary restriction).

Removed.

John

---