Subject: SUAv8: Support for the transport of SCCP-User Messages

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:28:10 -0500

Section 1.4.1 says:

   The SUA SHALL support the transfer of SCCP-user messages. The SUA 
   layer at the SG SHALL seamlessly transport the user messages. 

There is no need to place a requirement on SUA itself.  Change
"SHALL support" to "supports" in the first sentence.

It is pointless to place a requirement on the SG which has no
apparent test as to whether the requirement has been met or not.
How can one tell whether an SG meets the requirement that it
"seamlessly transport the user messages"?  Does not the ASP need
to seamlessly transport these messages as well?  Change the
paragraph to:

  "The SUA supports the transfer of SCCP-user messages.  The
   SUA layers at the SG and at the ASP support the seamless
   transport of user messages between SG and ASP."

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:49:17 +0300

Hi Brian,

>    transport of user messages between SG and ASP."

That works for me, consider it changed.

John

---