Subject: NA definition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:00:34 +0530

Hi

From the network appearance definition in M3UA Version 9 This example
scenario is given -
An example scenario is where an SG appears as an element in multiple
separate national SS7 networks and the same Signaling Point Code
value may be reused in different networks.

What will M3UA do when -
    The M3UA user sends a message with a Point Code(say XYZ) and the same
point code is being reused in two different national networks(A and B). The
SG is an element which appears in both the national networks. Now M3UA at AS
needs to send a NA to make the peer understand that the message is for
network A or network B. How does M3UA make this decision? M3UA User has just
given M3UA the destination point code. How does M3UA decide whether the
message has to go to one national network or the other? If M3UA decides that
the message goes to network A(in some way, I suppose) but what if the user
wanted to send the message to network B. Is what I am looking at a bit
ambiguous or am I missing some point?

Regards
Vaibhav

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 04:33:22 -0500

Vaibhav,

An MTP-User is a user of an MTP Entity which exists only in one network.
As such an AS (== RK == RC) does not span NA.  An application on the other
hand may be configured as multiple AS (multiple MTP-Users).  It is in the
selection of the AS (or RC) that the user implicitly selects NA.  There is
never a need to send NA except in REG REQ.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                      (Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:00:34)

> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customers and
> is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
> exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
> recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
> proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
> information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
> notify us immediately at mailto:[email-masked] and delete this mail
> from your records.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 

Content-Description: footer
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

---

From: "Javier Pastor-Balbas (ECE)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:40:35 +0200

Hi Vaibhav, 

As the definition says, NA is a local reference shared by SG and AS. If an M3UA user at AS wants to communicate to an SS7 node it should give to the M3UA layer the corresponding SPC (Signaling Point Code). The problem arises when that SPC is assigned to two different national networks that can be accessed by the SG.

The M3UA layer knows that all the traffic to that SPC from that particular user has to be sent to National Network A. Then, it will assigned the NA corresponding to that network to all the messages from that particular user. It can either send NA with the messages in the SG-AS path or send RC if NA has been defined as part of the RK.

If the same M3UA user wants to send traffic to a specific SPC in both networks (the assigned SPC is the same for the two nodes), it should be specified what NA (or RC if NA included in RK) has to be used for each message. Here implementation dependant options can be implemented:
	- The user can elect the network by itself
	- M3UA layer has a discrimination function
	- etc.

Hope this helps  // Javier.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 11:31 AM
> To: sigtran
> Subject: NA definition
> 
> 
> Hi
> 

---