Subject: Signalling Network Architecture

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:17:40 -0500

Section 1.3.3 says:

  To meet the stringent SS7 signalling reliability and performance 
  requirements for carrier grade networks, Network Operators SHOULD 
  ensure that no single point of failure is present in the end-to-end 
  network architecture between an SS7 node and an IP-based application.  

This "SHOULD" is not appropriate.  (This has been pointed out before.)

Change to:

  To meet the stringent SS7 signalling reliability and performance 
  requirements for carrier grade networks, Network Operators might
  require that no single point of failure is present in the end-to-end 
  network architecture between an SS7 node and an IP-based application.  

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]