Subject: SUAv8: DUPU

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:00:31 -0500

DUPU and DRST have not been addressed in SUA v8 as agreed
in Last Call:

Section 3.4.5 states:

   Note 1:    The destination address refers to the node that has 
              become unavailable. The Destination Address parameters 
              MUST include the Affected Point Code and MAY include the 
              SSN. When the SSN is included in the Destination Address 
              parameter, the DUPU message corresponds to the SCCP N-
              STATE primitive. When SSN is not included in the 
              Destination Address parameter, the DUPU message 
              corresponds to the SCCP N-PCSTATE primitive. 

There is no N-STATE primitive that corresponds to DUPU.  There is
only an N-PCSTATE primitive.    Therefore, this should be reworded as:

   Note 1:    The destination address refers to the node for which
              the SCCP has become unavailable.  The Destination Address
	      parameters MUST only include Affected Point Code and
	      MUST NOT include any other Destination Address sub-
	      parameters.  The DUPU corresponds to the SCCP N-PCSTATE
	      primitive.

I still disagree with the use of Destination Address instead of an
Affected Point Code parameter.

Section 3.4.5 states (note that section numbering 3.4.5 is duplicated):

   Note 1:    The destination address refers to the node that has 
              become unavailable. The Destination Address parameters 
              MUST include the Affected Point Code and MAY include the 
              SSN. When the SSN is included in the Destination Address 
              parameter, the DRST message corresponds to the SCCP N-
              STATE primitive. When SSN is not included in the 
              Destination Address parameter, the DRST message 
              corresponds to the SCCP N-PCSTATE primitive. 

There is no N-STATE primitive that corresponds to DRST.  There is also
no N-PCTSTATE primitive that corresponds to DRST.  When SSN is present
in DRST we were to use it for the N-COORD primitive.  Renumber the
section 3.4.5 to 3.4.6 and reword the above to:

   Note 1:    The destination address referes to the node to which
              become restricted or which has requested coordinated
	      service outgage.  The Destination Address parameters
	      MUST include only the Affected Point Code and MAY also
	      include the SSN.  When SSN is included in the Destination
	      Address parameter, the DRST message corresponds to the
	      SCCP N-COORD primitive.  If the SMI parameter is also
	      included in the message, the DRST message corresponds to
	      the N-COORD Request and N-COORD Indication primitives,
	      otherwise, the DRST message corresponse to the N-COORD
	      Response and N-COORD Confirm primitives.

This was as a result of resolutions to Issue 26 in last call and were
not properly reflected in the latest draft.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]