Subject: M3UA-09 - Invaild Version Error message

From: Jacques Rajchgod <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:53:36 -0500

M3UA-09, Page 62, Section 3.8.1:
-------------------------------------------------
"The "Invalid Version" error is sent if a message was received with an
invalid or unsupported version. "
--------------------------------------------------------------------

..."Invalid Version" of what?

1) The M3UA software in the SG?
2) Or...??
3) How will I know what to troubleshoot?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

For proper troubleshooting and certification works, the 3.8.1 "Version"
statement must be changed to read as follows:
"The "Invalid Version" error is sent if a message was received with an
invalid or unsupported version of xxxxyyyy"
("of xxxxyyyy"=whatever it was meant to say but doesn't)"
**************
******************************************************************

Thanks.
Jacques Rajchgod
MCI Worldcom
Next Generation System Evaluation
Tel: [972] 729-7180
E-mail: [email-masked]

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:55:26 -0400

Jacques,

Since the ASP sends the first M3UA message (ASP UP), it would be used
to indicate that the SG only supports an earlier version of the M3UA protocol.
The SG returns the supported version in the header of the Error message.
The ASP should fall back to the version supported by the SG.

Since this does not necessarily indicate a problem (if the two sides 
act appropriately), troubleshooting problems is a product specific
issue.

Ken

At 01:53 PM 10/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
>"The "Invalid Version" error is sent if a message was received with an invalid or unsupported version. "
>For proper troubleshooting and certification works, the 3.8.1 "Version" statement must be changed to read as follows:
>"The "Invalid Version" error is sent if a message was received with an invalid or unsupported version of xxxxyyyy" 
>("of xxxxyyyy"=whatever it was meant to say but doesn't)"                                                            **************
>You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]

---

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:49:36 +0300

Jacques,

 
 
The only Version in M3UA is the version of M3UA.  There is nothing else
version could rever to.
 
John

---