Subject: M3UA/SUA: Multiple Streams & SNMM/DATA (was: SUAv8: Primitivies f rom SCCP User)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:34:45 +0300

Hi Brian,

> Not to be argumentative either, but what advantage does a single-
> stream SCTP association have over TCP?

More letters in the acronym?  I'm not suggesting that this is a
good idea & have had some arguments with product people about this
(I think I convinced them of the errors of their ways) ... but as
SCTP doesn't mandate multiple streams, I'm just trying to think
of interoperability issues.

> On the contrary, I cannot see why it is necessary to permit a single-
> stream SCTP association for M3UA/SUA at all.  The other xAs do not
> go to such great extent to permit it, and I cannot believe that
> anyone is intending to use a single stream anyways.

So, at the end of the day, is this the text you want added:

	If there are multiple streams that DATA and SNMM messages MUST 
	NOT be sent on stream '0'.

Can we get conclusion on this for both M3UA & SUA?

Thanks,
John

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]