Subject: NA Definition

From: vaibhav_madan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:00:23 +0530

Hi

From the network appearance definition in M3UA Version 9 This example
scenario is given -
An example scenario is where an SG appears as an element in multiple
separate national SS7 networks and the same Signaling Point Code
value may be reused in different networks.

What will M3UA do when -
    The M3UA user sends a message with a Point Code(say XYZ) and the same
point code is being reused in two different national networks(A and B). The
SG is an element which appears in both the national networks. Now M3UA at AS
needs to send a NA to make the peer understand that the message is for
network A or network B. How does M3UA make this decision? M3UA User has just
given M3UA the destination point code. How does M3UA decide whether the
message has to go to one national network or the other? If M3UA decides that
the message goes to network A(in some way, I suppose) but what if the user
wanted to send the message to network B. Is what I am looking at a bit
ambiguous or am I missing some point?

Regards
Vaibhav

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at  http://email.indiatimes.com
Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from http://www.planetm.co.in

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]