Subject: M2PA Interop: Re: correction for interop test cases for m2pa

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:48:05 -0500

Manish,

The test is actually OK, but it is worded ambiguously. We meant that the
MTP3 Stop should be sent after the alignment process is complete.
According to M2PA version 3, this should cause M2PA to ABORT the
association. 

The way the test case was worded, it might be interpreted that the Stop
was sent before the alignment procedure ended. This was not what we
intended. 

In the variation on A3 where the Stop is sent during the alignment
process, this should not cause M2PA to ABORT the association. 

(For reference, this regards test case A3 at: 
http://www.usa.alcatel.com/events/m2pa2001/testsuite.htm)

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Hi,
>              There is some problem regarding these test case (they are not
> confirming the m2pa03).
>               See my comments below >>
>            I have tried to describe the correct test case
>            Please update the HTML page consisting the Test Suite.
> 
> Test: A3
> Title: Link Deactivation
  [...] 
> >> There is no cause to ABORT SCTP Association on STOP LINK.
  [...]

-- 
* Tom George        972-519-3168         [email-masked]   *
* PB2-1323       Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel USA, Inc.; 1000 Coit Rd, MS PB2-STPA; Plano TX 75075-5813   *
* I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel USA, Inc. I do not purport *
* to advertise or represent its position,  operations, or activities. *

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 14:43:16 +0530

Thanks Tom,
      The confusion for taking association down make me give such comments. What
do you
think about should take association Down (if we have Out of Service message as
intended
in draft04).

regards
Manish Sharma

Tom George <[email-masked]> on 10/27/2001 02:06:44 AM

To:   Manish Sharma/HSS@HSS
cc:

Subject:  M2PA Interop: Re: correction for interop test cases for m2pa

Manish,

  [...]
  [...]

---