Subject: RE: [SUA issue 17 & M3UA issue #11] IPSP cases - AN EXAMPLE! - OF F LIST

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 16:39:00 +0300

Hi Al,

>     The magic of Registration and RK/RC will handle adding 
> this to the SGPs, right?  A & B won't know or care.  It's 
> not quite IPSP-to-IPSP, and it still needs SS7 Point Codes, 
> but that's OK.  Unlike the one-ness of IP, you can't run out 
> of Point Codes.  Just create another SS7 network with a 
> whole new set of Point Codes.  And interwork them at the 
> IP-STPs.    Hmmm ... maybe I've been on vacation too long???

Nah, but I would like a little bit of that 'magic' that you
mention above.

Actually, I think that most of your commentary is quite on
the mark, but we do need to get these darn UAs done &
some operational experience.  I really see a need for some
documents explaining how do to the above once the protocols
are out there.

Anyhow, both SUA & M3UA are going for proposed standard - 
that means that we can expect a few issues to crop up along
the way to draft standard.  We're not looking for perfection,
but basic interoperability ;)

John

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]