Subject: SUA-09: More section 4.5 problems

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:53:40 -0600

SUA-09: Section 4.5.1

  4.5.1 At an SGP 
    
   On receiving an MTP-PAUSE, MTP-RESUME or MTP-STATUS indication 
   primitive from the nodal inter-working function at an SGP, the SGP 
   SUA layer will send a corresponding SS7 Signalling Network Management 
   (SSNM) DUNA, DAVA, SCON, or DUPU message (see Section 3.4) to the SUA 
   peers at concerned ASPs.  The SUA layer must fill in various fields 
   of the SSNM messages consistently with the information received in 
   the primitives.   

SUA does not receive MTP-PAUSE, MTP-RESUME or MTP-STATUS indication
primitives from the local NIF.  It receives N-STATE, N-PCSTATE and
N-INFORM indication primitives.

SUA-09: Section 4.5.2.1

  4.5.2.1 Single SGP Configurations 
    
   At an ASP, upon receiving an SS7 Signalling Network Management (SSNM) 
   message from the remote SUA Peer, the SUA layer invokes the 
   appropriate primitive indications to the resident SUA-Users.  Local 
   management is informed. 
    
   In the case where a local event has caused the unavailability or 
   congestion status of SS7 destinations, the SUA layer at the ASP 
   SHOULD pass up appropriate indications in the primitives to the SUA 
   User, as though equivalent SSNM messages were received.  For example, 
   the loss of an SCTP association to an SGP may cause the 
   unavailability of a set of SS7 destinations.  MTP-PAUSE indication 
   primitives to the SUA User are appropriate.   

MTP-PAUSE indications to the SUA User are never appropriate.  N-PCSTATE
primitives would be appropriate.

SUA-09: Section 4.1.1

   When MTP-3 Management indications are received (MTP-PAUSE, MTP-
   RESUME, MTP-STATUS), SCCP Subsystem Management determines whether 
   there are concerned local SCCP-users. When these local SCCP-users are 
   in fact Application Servers, serviced by ASPs, SUA management is 
   informed with the PC-State indication primitive upon which it formats 
   and transfers the applicable SNM message (DUNA, DAVA, DRST or SCON) 
   to the list of concerned ASPs using stream ID "0".    

There is no "PC-State" indication primitive.  There is a N-PCSTATE
primitive.  Replace "PC-State" with "N-PCSTATE".
        
--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]