Subject: M3UA-10, SUA-09: SSNM on stream 0

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:36:22 -0600

M3UA-10, SUA-09 says: (Section 4.5.1)

   DUNA, DAVA, SCON, and DRST messages MUST be sent sequentially and 
   processed at the receiver in the order sent.  SCTP stream "0" is used 
   to provide the sequencing. The only exception to this is if the 
   international congestion method (see Q.704) is used.  If so, the 
   Unordered bit in the SCTP DATA chunk MAY be used for the SCON 
   message. 

There is no reason to send SSNM messages on stream `0'.  SSNM messages
could be sent on the same stream as DATA messages are sent on for the
corresponding Routing Context (particularly in SUA).

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]