Subject: M3UA-10, SUA-09: SSNM Sequencing

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:28:26 -0600

Section 4.5.1 reads:

  DUNA, DAVA, SCON, and DRST messages MUST be sent sequentially and 
  processed at the receiver in the order sent.  SCTP stream "0" is 
  used to provide the sequencing. The only exception to this is if the 
  international congestion method (see Q.704) is used.  If so, the 
  Unordered bit in the SCTP DATA chunk MAY be used for the SCON message.

This "MUST" is a crock.  All of these messages have responsive methods
at the SG and can be reversed on occasion.  There will be no impact
from delivering these messages out of order.  There are no
interoperability concerns.  The "MUST" needs to be removed.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]