Subject: M2UA-10, SUA-09: Audit Procedure

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 19:49:37 -0600

M2UA-10: Section 4.5.3:

>  - Isolation. The ASP is newly ASP-INACTIVE or ASP-ACTIVE or has been 
>               isolated from an SGP for an extended period.  The ASP 
>               MAY request the availability/congestion status of one 
>               or more SS7 destinations to which it expects to 
>               communicate.

Remove "ASP-INACTIVE" above.

SUA-09: Section 4.5.3:

> 4.5.3 ASP Auditing 
>     
>    An ASP may optionally initiate an audit procedure to enquire of an 
>    SGP the availability and, if the national congestion method with 
>    multiple congestion levels and message priorities is used, congestion 
>    status of an SS7 destination or set of destinations.  A Destination 
>    Audit (DAUD) message is sent from the ASP to the SGP requesting the 
>    current availability and congestion status of one or more SS7 
>    Destination Point Codes. 

Reword: ... one or more SS7 destinations or subsystems.

>     
>    The DAUD message MAY be sent un-sequenced. The ASP MAY send the DAUD 
>    in the following cases:   
>     
>       - Periodic.  A Timer originally set upon reception of a DUNA, 
>                    SCON or DRST message has expired without a 
>                    subsequent DAVA, DUNA, SCON or DRST message updating 
>                    the availability/congestion status of the affected 
>                    Destination Point Codes.  The Timer is reset upon 
>                    issuing a DAUD.  In this case the DAUD is sent to 
>                    the SGP that originally sent the SSNM message.     
>     
>       - Isolation.  The ASP is newly ASP-INACTIVE or ASP-ACTIVE or has 
>                    been isolated from an SGP for an extended period.  
>                    The ASP MAY request the availability/congestion 
>                    status of one or more SS7 destinations to which it 
>                    expects to communicate. 

Remove "ASP-INACTIVE or" above.

>     
>    In the first of the cases above, the auditing procedure must not be 
>    invoked for the case of a received SCON message containing a 
>    congestion level value of "no congestion" or undefined" (i.e., 
>    congestion Level = "0").  This is because the value indicates either 
>    congestion abatement or that the ITU MTP3 international congestion 
>    method is being used.  In the international congestion method, the 
>    MTP3 layer at the SGP does not maintain the congestion status of any 
>    destinations and therefore the SGP cannot provide any congestion 
>    information in response to the DAUD.  For the same reason, in the 
>    second of the cases above a DAUD message cannot reveal any congested 
>    destination(s). 

Delete this paragraph.  Or precede it with "IMPLEMENTATION NOTE:".

>    The SGP MUST respond to a DAUD message with the MTP3 availability / 

Change MUST to SHOULD consistent with M3UA-10.

>    congested status of the routeset associated with each Destination 
>    Point Code(s) in the DAUD message.  The status of each SS7 

Reword as: ..associated with each destination or subsystem in the DAUD
message.

>    destination requested is indicated in a DUNA message (if 

Reword as: ..destination or subsystem requested...

>    unavailable), a DAVA message (if available), or a DRST (if restricted 
>    and the SGP supports this feature).  If the SS7 destination is 

Replace "destination" with "destination or subsystem".

>    available and congested, the SGP responds with an SCON message in 
>    addition to the DAVA message.  If the SS7 destination is restricted 

Replace "destination" with "destination or subsystem".

>    and congested, the SGP responds with an SCON message in addition to 
>    the DRST.  If the SGP has no information on the availability / 
>    congestion status of the SS7 destination, the SGP responds with a 

Replace "destination" with "destination or subsystem".

>    DUNA message, as it has no routing information to allow it to route 
>    traffic to this destination 

Replace "destination" with "destination or subsystem".

>     
>    Any DUNA or DAVA message in response to a DAUD message MAY contain a 
>    list of up to sixteen Affected Point Codes.  

Delete above paragraph.  (This conficts with notes on DAUD for subsystems.)

--brian
    
-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]