Subject: SUA-09: Network Appearance in REG REQ/REG RSP

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 07:19:38 -0600

Resend...

Please remove Network Appearance from the parameters in the REG REQ and REQ
RSP messages.  Network Appearance is one of the subparameters of each Routing
Key and it serves no point being included separately in the REG REQ and REQ
RSP message.

SUA-09 says:

> 3.8.1 Registration Request (REG REQ) 
>     
>    The REG REQ message is sent by an ASP to indicate to a remote SUA 
>    peer that it wishes to register one or more given Routing Keys with 
>    the remote peer.  Typically, an ASP would send this message to an 
>    SGP, and expects to receive a REG RSP message in return with an 
>    associated Routing Context value. 
>     
>    The format for the REG REQ message is as follows: 
>     
>        0                   1                   2                   3 
>        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
-       |          Tag = 0x010D         |             Length            | 
-       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
-       |                       Network Appearance                      | 
-       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>       |          Tag = 0x010E         |             Length            | 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>       /                         Routing Key 1                         / 
>       \                                                               \ 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>       /                              ...                              / 
>       \                                                               \ 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>       |          Tag = 0x010E         |             Length            | 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>       \                                                               \ 
>       /                         Routing Key n                         / 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>       |            Tag = 0x0109       |             Length            |  
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  
>       |                        ASP Capabilities                       |  
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  
>  
>    The REG REQ message contains the following parameters: 
>     
>    Parameters 
-      Network Appearance            Optional 
>      Routing Key                   Mandatory *1 
>      ASP Capabilities              Optional 
>     
>    Note 1: One or more Routing Key parameters MAY be included in a 
>            single REG REQ message. 
>     

and

> 3.8.2 Registration Response (REG RSP) 
>     
>    The REG RSP message is sent by an SG to an ASP indicate the result 
>    of a previous REG REQ from an ASP.  When successful, the REG RSP 
>    message contains the Routing Context assigned to the one or more 
>    Routing Keys that we present in t 
>     
>    The format for the REG RSP message is as follows: 
>     
>        0                   1                   2                   3 
>        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
-       |          Tag = 0x010D         |             Length            | 
-       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
-       |                       Network Appearance                      | 
-       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>       |          Tag = 0x010F         |             Length            | 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>       |                    Registration Result 1                      | 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>       /                              ...                              / 
>       \                                                               \ 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>       |          Tag = 0x010F         |             Length            | 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>       |                    Registration Result n                      | 
>       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
>     
>    The REG RSP message contains the following parameters: 
>     
>    Parameters 
-      Network Appearance            Optional 
>      Registration Result           Mandatory *1 
>     
>    Note 1: One or more Registration Result parameters MAY be included 
>            in a single REG RSP message. 
>     

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]