Subject: M3UA Signalling Gateway Redundancy

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:48:13 -0600

Section A.2.2 says:

> Signalling Gateways MAY also be distributed over multiple hosts.  Much 
> like the AS model, SGs may comprise one or more SG Processes (SGPs), 
> distributed over one or more hosts, using an active/backup or a 
> loadsharing model.  Should an SGP lose all or partial SS7 
> connectivity and other SGPs exist, the SGP MUST terminate the SCTP 
> associations to the concerned ASPs.

This MUST needs to be removed: it is quite possible for the SGP to
send an ASPIA ack for the concerned partial failures without terminating
the association.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:13:10 +0200

Hi Brian,

> Section A.2.2 says:

-- clip --

> send an ASPIA ack for the concerned partial failures without 
> terminating the association.

Since it is in the appendix, this MUST does not impose requirements.
However, as a small editorial nit, we should remove the MUST.

John

---