Subject: [Sigtran] SUA comments

From: "Tomar, Nitin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:10:47 -0800

Hi John,
 Following are few comments on SUA draft 12.
- Nitin.

1. Description of DRST message shall include following :
    When SSN is not included it shall not be passed to SUA-User at ASP,
instead it shall be used by SUA for
    routing towards SGPs (similar to M3UA routing to a restricted route).  

2. To send DRST message (and DUNA/DAVA) by SG, MTP3 at SG needs interworking
with SUA, hence a section for
    MTP3 - SUA interworking at the SG is required in the draft.
   
3. Section 3.8.2 Registration Response (REG RSP)
    - The first para has incomplete sentence.
    - Note 1, shall include following statement similar to M3UA:
     "The number of results in a single REG RSP message MUST be anywhere
from one to the total number of
       Routing Key parameters found in the corresponding REG REQ message"

4. Section 3.8.4 Deregistration Response (DEREG RSP)
     - Note 1, shall include following statement
       "The number of results in a single DEREG RSP message MUST be anywhere
from one to the total number of 
         number of Routing Context parameters found in the corresponding
DEREG REQ message"

5. Broadcast mode has too many implementation dependent issues and to fully
understand and implement 
   it one has to refer to a NON IETF approved RFC, I suggest it shall be
removed from the SUA draft.

6. In section 4.4.1 Registration,

I suggest adding following paragraph:
If an SGP determines that a received Routing Key is already registered by
the ASP, the SGP shall return already allocated RC for the corresponding AS
to the ASP, and if AS is in ACTIVE state then SGP shall mark its state to
INACTIVE.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 23:03:28 -0600

Nitin,

Tomar, Nitin wrote:                                        (Wed, 06 Mar 2002 19:10:47)
>     routing towards SGPs (similar to M3UA routing to a restricted route).  

SUA is hardly in the position to require this.  An implementation may
choose to pass this to the SUA user if it wishes.

>     MTP3 - SUA interworking at the SG is required in the draft.

This is incorrect (particularly for DUNA and DAVA which are already
represented in SCCP as the N-PCSTATE primitive).  No MTP3-SUA interworking
is required.  MTP3 at the SG passes these indications as MTP-STATUS,
MTP-PAUSE and MTP-RESUME primitives to SCCP which passes the equivalent
N-PCSTATE primitives to the SCCP user.
>        Routing Key parameters found in the corresponding REG REQ message"

This can be caught in the implementor's guide.

>          number of Routing Context parameters found in the corresponding

This, too, can be caught in the implementor's guide.

> removed from the SUA draft.

Unlikely.

> to the ASP, and if AS is in ACTIVE state then SGP shall mark its state to

This is unnecessary.  If the ASP loses its registration state it should
start again with ASPUP.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/