Subject: [Sigtran] M3Ua-12 Change Summary

From: "Greg Sidebottom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:48:26 -0500

Summary of changes in M3UA-12:

1) Section 3.2 (M3UA-specific parameters) - Removed parameter tag assignment
0x020d for SSN .  This parameter was removed in a previous version and the
tag assignment was missed.  (see "Re: M3UA-11:Missing Parameter: SSN" -
Brian)

2) Section 3.3.1 (Message Priority) and Section 9.2 (Informative
References).   Added reference [29] for Japan TTC SS7 standard in Message
Priority description

3) Section 3.4.1 (INFO String).  Changed INFO-String format to UTF-8 from
ASCII as agreed (IETF comment).  Also aligned text with M2UA by removing
clause describing possible use "by Operators to identify in text form the
location reflected by the Affected DPC".

4) Section 3.5.1 (ASP-UP).  Added heading for ASP Identifier and explicitly
showed Tag Length = 8 in parameter format figure consistent with other fixed
length parameters (Editorial)

5) Labelled Registration Section headings 3.6 and 4.4 as Optional  (see RE:
"M3UA v11 & SUA - RK Management" - John Schantz)

6) Section 3.6.1 (Routing Key).   Added clarifying note to RK format.  (See
"M3UA v11 - Routing Key Format" - Barry)

7) Section 3.6.2 (Registration Results).  "MAY MUST" corrected to "MUST"
(see " FW: M3UA-10 Editorial" - Brian)

8) Section 4.2.1 third paragraph.  Added clause "and non-SSNM" messages to
correct first sentance to make it consistent with other sections/agreements
on message sequencing.  There was agreement in previous versions that SSNM
messages are not required to be sequenced but this text was missed.

9) Section 4.3.1 ASP-INACTIVE and 4.3.4.3 2nd paragraph.  Corrected acronym
to SSNM from SNMM.

10) Section 4.3.4.3 ASP-Active procedures - new 12th and 16th paragraph.
Added paragraphs for Loadshare and Broadcast modes clarifying that "for the
n+k redundancy case, ASPs which are in that AS should coordinate among
themselves the number of active ASPs in the AS, and should start sending
traffic only after n ASPs are active".  This is consistent with the SG
procedures witholding traffic until n ASPs are active and clarifies that
traffic start procedure is symmetrical.  No protocol impact.  (See " RE: RE:
RE: [Sigtran] n+k redundancy + NTFY  changes" - Tolga)

11) Section 4.4.2 Deregistration third paragraph.  A requirement that the
Routing Key data "Must" not be deleted when an ASP deregisters but there are
other ASPs in the AS was softened to a "SHOULD".

12) Section 4.5.1 last paragraph - sequencing of SSNM messages.  MUST was
changed to a SHOULD in Issue 11 - this is was not a correct reflection of
the agreement.  So the SHOULD is corrected to a "may" and the last sentance
is deleted as redundant.  (See "Re: M3UA-10, SUA-09: SSNM Sequencing" and
RE:
M3UA-10, SUA-09: SSNM on stream 0' - Brian)

13) Section 9 - References are renumbered because of addition of two
references for UTF-8 and TTC standard.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran