Subject: [Sigtran] SCTP MIB status

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:07:12 -0800

Folks,

The discussion on deleteTCB is wrapping up, we have verified that there
are some vendors on embedded OSes that implement deleteTCB for
TCP.  Juergen has removed his concern with retaining deleteTCB for
the SCTP MIB, but notes we still have the option to remove it if we wish.

My suggestion is to go ahead with the SCTP MIB in its current state
including deleteTCB, if it turns out that no one wishes to implement
this it can be removed in the transition from Proposed to Draft.  If there
are no objections to this I will ask the A-Ds to review the SCTP MIB
draft for consideration to be a Proposed Standard.

Cheers,

L. Ong

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Kavitha P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:52:34 +0530

Hi,

    I have a question in the sctpAssocState object Description.

    The Description says,
" ..
As in TCP, deleteTCB is the only value that may be set by a
           management station. Accordingly, it is appropriate for an
           agent to return a 'badValue' response if a management station
           attempts to set this object to any other value.
... "

  The response error message is restricted to as SNMPv1 error message
'badValue'. If SNMPv2c is used, then the 'wrongValue' would be the appropriate
error message. The above description can be made generic ?

Thanks,
Kavitha.