Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA Plugtest - Day 4 summary

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 06:03:36 -0500

Below is a summary of the list of issues from Day 4:

1)  Discrepancy between implementations regarding uniqueness
of Routing Context

Scenario:  ASP sends REG Routing Key request to each SGP 
   per M3UA.

Issue 1:  Can each SGP respond with different Routing Context
to REG request for the same Routing Key.

Issue 2:  Why does ASP need to send REG RK to each
SGP when AS/Routing Key is across SG?

2)  IPSP update

IPSP testing has occurred between different implementations.  Nitin
from Trillium will suggest text on the list to clarify Notify message.

3)  Routing Key parameter (in REG msg) contains subparameters.  There
was a question about the length of the Routing Key parameter if the
subparameters contained padding bytes.  Does the Routing Key 
parameter include padding bytes (SI subparameter) of the subparameters 
or not.  Consensus is to have Routing Key parameter length contain
the padding bytes.

4)  Desire to have text clarified for the following scenario:

    ASP1 & ASP2 Register Routing Keys
    ASP1:  Active
    ASP2:  goes Active
    SG send Notify (Alt ASP Active).  SG transitions ASP1 to
    Inactive.  Does SG also transition Routing Keys to "Deregistered"
    or keep them as "Registered".

General consensus in the room was to keep the "Registered" so
that ASP1 can send Active without re-registering the Routing
Keys.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran