Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA Plugtest Draft Version

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:28:54 +0530

Hi,

ETSI SIGTRAN Plugtest Page says that the M2PA Plugtest would be based on M2PA
Draft 5.
Since Tom has already released Draft 6, would we still be having the Plugtest on
Draft 5.
Please clarify.

Thanks
Anshoo.
www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:35:37 -0400

Anshoo,

It is really up to the companies that are planning to test M2PA
at the Plugtest.  

Could those planning to test M2PA at the Plugtest in November
please indicate there plans to test M2PA draft5 or M2PA draft6.

Thanks,

Ken

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:13:13 -0600

Ken,

We can test 5 but would prefer to test the latest draft.

--brian

Ken Morneault wrote:                                    (Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:35:37)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: Javier Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ken and Anshoo,

We had a similar situation in the M3UA Interop testing in Madrid.
Some companies brought version 5 and others version 6, and the results
were not the best: Limited interoperability.

I propose to pick one mandatory and other as an optional. If a company
brings an optional version, they will be doing less interoperability
testings with other participants.  If one choose to do so, nobody can
stop them. There is nothing better than setting a clear expectation.

I propose the draft version 6 as mandatory and version 5 as optional

regards,

Javier Kim
Adax, Inc.

---

From: Andrew Booth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:45:35 -0400

Hi Ken,

We would prefer to test with the latest draft.

Andrew Booth
Performance Technologies

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:07:40 -0400

All:

It seems like there is interest in making draft6 mandatory
for the plugtest.  I'll ask ETSI to change the reference
on the Plugtest page.

Regards,

Ken