Subject: RE: [Sigtran] M2PA v6: Two Out of Three Valid BSN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:36:37 +0530

Hi Tolga,

Since SCTP provides a reliable and sequenced service on a single stream,
the Sequence Numbers should not fall out of order as long as
both Peers are functioning correctly. Hence, in case the Sequence Numbers
do fall out of order, the Link should be brought into Out Of Service.

Can you please exemplify a scenario where the sequence numbers can fall out of
order?

Regards
Anshoo.

> > Since FSN/BSN in the Link Status Messages are being ignored,
> > FSN/BSN that need to be processed are only in the User Data
> > Messages (actual
> > data and zero data),
> > These would all be on a Single Stream and hence should never fall out of
> > sequence.
> [TOLGA] If your argument is that those messages won't get ever out of
> sequence, then is it ever possible that two messages on a wire (for MTP2
> case) can get out of sequence?
> Maybe it should be considered that MTP2 has checksum of 16 bits whereas SCTP
> has checksum of 32 bits.
> > Then why do we have the Two out of Three flexibility for BSN.

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 02:28:43 -0600

Anshoo,

A bit error which is not caught by the checksum algorithm.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                                                     (Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:36:37)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/