Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA v6: Two Out of Three Valid BSN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:54:50 +0530

Hi,

Section 4.2.1 of M2PA v6 says that:

"M2PA should follow the criterion stated in [2] Q.703, section 5.3.1
for incorrect BSNs: If any two BSNs in three consecutively received
User Data messages are not the same as the previous one or any of the
FSNs of the User Data messages in the M2PA transmit buffer at the time
they are received, then MTP3 should be informed that the link is
faulty."

Since FSN/BSN in the Link Status Messages are being ignored,
FSN/BSN that need to be processed are only in the User Data Messages (actual
data and zero data),
These would all be on a Single Stream and hence should never fall out of
sequence.
Then why do we have the Two out of Three flexibility for BSN.

Regards
Anshoo.

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:00:27 -0400

Anshoo,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 10:25 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA v6: Two Out of Three Valid BSN
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
[TOLGA] If your argument is that those messages won't get ever out of
sequence, then is it ever possible that two messages on a wire (for MTP2
case) can get out of sequence?
Maybe it should be considered that MTP2 has checksum of 16 bits whereas SCTP
has checksum of 32 bits.