Subject: [Sigtran] A query related to Routing Context

From: "Srikanth Yandapalli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:18:01 +0530

In all the examples till date, in various sources, not necessarily by IETF,
when an SS7 destination is available through two SGs for an ASP,
both SGs have same routing context for the given routing key in use for
the message. Buts let us say the SGs are serving two different sets of
SS7 nodes with some common SS7 nodes, is it the responsibility of the
configuration to ensure that the routing context for the given routing key
is same in both the SGs. If this is not the case should the ASP maintain
routing contexts per routing key and the SG it is in communication with?

Regards,
Srikanth Yandapalli

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:15:14 -0400

Srikath,

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Srikanth Yandapalli
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 10:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sigtran] A query related to Routing Context

In all the examples till date, in various sources, not necessarily by IETF,
when an SS7 destination is available through two SGs for an ASP,
both SGs have same routing context for the given routing key in use for
the message. Buts let us say the SGs are serving two different sets of
SS7 nodes with some common SS7 nodes, is it the responsibility of the
configuration to ensure that the routing context for the given routing key
is same in both the SGs. If this is not the case should the ASP maintain
routing contexts per routing key and the SG it is in communication with?
[TOLGA]It is responsibility of ASP to keep RC per SGP (I think practically
one can assume SGPs of the same SG will have the same set of RCs, so can
keep RC per SG, but this is up to your implementation)

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran