Subject: [Sigtran] A query related to Routing Context

From: "Srikanth Yandapalli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:01:48 +0530

Hi,

I havent registered as a user of discussion group yet and I dont know if I 
can send this mail. If I may please find the question below.

In all the examples till date, in various sources, not necessarily by IETF,
when an SS7 destination is available through two SGs for an ASP,
both SGs have same routing context for the given routing key in use for
the message. Buts let us say the SGs are serving two different sets of
SS7 nodes with some common SS7 nodes, is it the responsibility of the
configuration to ensure that the routing context for the given routing key
is same in both the SGs. If this is not the case should the ASP maintain
routing contexts per routing key and the SG it is in communication with?

Regards,
Srikanth Yandapalli

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:30:56 +0530

hi sri,

IMO this is specific to an implementation. one may rely on the  configuration
with same RCs across SGs or choose to provide flexibilty to have Routing Cotext
per SG/SGP
at an ASP.
The later approch seems better when dynamic registration is considered wherein
two different SGPs might generate diffrent RC for same set of RK parameters.
Moreover if you keep RC value global across SGs, you in a way force a
configuration where RC has to
be unique across the SGs.

regards
manish

"Srikanth Yandapalli" <[email-masked]> on 09/11/2002 08:18:01 PM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Manish Rajpal/HSS)

Subject:  [Sigtran] A query related to Routing Context

Regards,
Srikanth Yandapalli

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:02:52 -0400

It seems reasonable that the RC for a given routing key should be global
within an SG but not global RC across SGs.

[email-masked]@ietf.org on 09/11/2002 11:00:56 AM

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   "Srikanth Yandapalli" <[email-masked]>
cc:   [email-masked]
Subject:  Re: [Sigtran] A query related to Routing Context

hi sri,

IMO this is specific to an implementation. one may rely on the
configuration
with same RCs across SGs or choose to provide flexibilty to have Routing
Cotext
per SG/SGP
at an ASP.
The later approch seems better when dynamic registration is considered
wherein
two different SGPs might generate diffrent RC for same set of RK
parameters.
Moreover if you keep RC value global across SGs, you in a way force a
configuration where RC has to
be unique across the SGs.

regards
manish

To:   [email-masked]

Regards,
Srikanth Yandapalli

(See attached file: att1.htm)

(See attached file: att1.htm)