Subject: [Sigtran] (M2PA) Sending link status control primitives from M2PA to L3 during LPO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:28:25 -0400

Hello Brian,

There were too many simultaneous threads going on with regards
to the M2PA test plan, so I'm breaking this one out.

> > >(Brian)
> > >The link cannot indicate OOS to MTP3 (because it is in LPO and
> > >cannot talk to MTP3!)  Therefore there is no (and is never any)
> > >indication at MTP3 until the LPO clears.  This is true of the
> > >MTP2/MTP3 interface that M2PA faithfully preserves.  Understand?
> >
> > (Jeff)
> > I disagree. LPO does not mean that MTP3 is unavailable.
>
>(Brian)
>MTP2 not being able to communicated with MTP3 is the very
>definition of the LPO state.

I am still puzzeled by your response, and I think you are mistaken.
I've read the relevant text in GR-246 chapter 8 and GR246
Figure 8/T1.113..3 and Q.703 chapter 8 and Q.703 figure 8.

Both figures clearly show 'OOS LSC-->L3' signals being generated upon
link failure or receipt of SIOS during local processor outage.

The Q.703 text states (GR246 is very similar):
"A processor outage situation occurs when, due to factors at a
functional level higher than level 2, use of the link is precluded.
In this context, processor outage refers to a situation when
signalling messages cannot be transferred to functional levels 3
and/or 4. This may because of, for example, a central processor
failure. A processor outage condition may not necessarily affect
all signalling links in a signalling point, nor does it preclude
the possibility that level 3 is able to control the operation of
the signalling link."

Throughout these documents they apply the term "signalling messages"
to refer to MSUs, not link state control (LSC) primitives. The last
sentence above also suggests a distinction.

I would appreciate it if you could point me to the relevant spec.
that makes it clear that link state control primitives must not
be sent from L2 to L3 during LPO.

Regards,

Jeff

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran