Subject: [Sigtran] FW: RFC 3332 on Signaling System 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part 3 (MTP3) - User Adaptation Layer (M3UA)

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:54:14 -0700

Umm, need to get their mailing list updated.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 3:29 PM
To: IETF-Announce; @loki.ietf.org
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 3332 on Signaling System 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part 3
(MTP3) - User Adaptation Layer (M3UA)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3332

        Title:      Signaling System 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part 3
                    (MTP3) - User Adaptation Layer (M3UA)
        Author(s):  G. Sidebottom, K. Morneault, J. Pastor-Balbas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      120
        Characters: 265055
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-12.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3332.txt

This memo defines a protocol for supporting the transport of
any SS7 MTP3-User signalling (e.g., ISUP and SCCP messages) over IP
using the services of the Stream Control Transmission Protocol.  Also,
provision is made for protocol elements that enable a seamless
operation of the MTP3-User peers in the SS7 and IP domains. This
protocol would be used between a Signalling Gateway (SG) and a Media
Gateway Controller (MGC) or  IP-resident Database, or between two
IP-based applications.  It is assumed that the SG receives SS7
signalling over a standard SS7 interface using the SS7 Message
Transfer Part (MTP) to provide transport.

This document is a product of the Signaling Transport Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:54:14 -0700

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:26:06 -0400

Lyndon,

As we have M3UA as RFC now -and also M3UA-IG close to be finished-, is it
now an approriate time to discuss extension draft possibilities? What is
your opinion?

   Tolga

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> Ong, Lyndon
> Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 7:54 PM
> To: [email-masked]'
> Subject: [Sigtran] FW: RFC 3332 on Signaling System 7 (SS7) Message
> Transfer Part 3(MTP3) - User Adaptation Layer (M3UA)
>
>

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran