Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA MIB Draft05: Loadsharing on CIC ,SSN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:45:52 +0530

Hi....

I had a query related to the M3UA MIB draft 05.
Both m3uaSpLshMethod OBJECT-TYPE and  m3uaStreamLshMethod OBJECT-TYPE
mention CIC and SSN as basis of loadsharing
In my opinion, there is no point keeping CIC and SSN  as loadsharing basis
since this  would require  parsing  the data coming from the M3UA user.
Also references to these as loadsharing basis have been removed from RFC as
per Implementors guide 03.
So IMO these should be removed from the MIB also.

Thanks
Anjali
Hughes Software Systems

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:38:51 +0530

Hi Javier

I agree with you that the two documents should be aligned .
But  what I wanted to emphasize upon  is that  CIC and SSN should not be
part of loadsharing criteria because these are ISUP and SCCP specific
parameters and M3UA should not parse and process MTP3-user specific data
for traffic distribution.
Even MTP3 does not loadshare user data on the basis of  any user specific
info(i.e CIC and SSN) but only on SLS which is the part of Routing lable.

Hence IMO these two should be removed from both the documents.

Regards
Anjali
www.hssworld.com
Hughes Software Systems.

"Javier Pastor-Balbas (ECE)" <[email-masked]> on
06/27/2003 12:15:02 PM

To:    Anjali Gurmukhani/HSS@HSS, [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:    RE: [Sigtran] M3UA MIB Draft05: Loadsharing on CIC ,SSN

Hi Anjali,

Thanks for your comment.

You are right saying that all CIC and SSN references were removed from the
draft in  M3UA IG v03. Anyhow, I don't see any damage in keeping this CIC
and SSN based loadsharing as another option. In fact it seems to me that
this change was a bug during the process of removing all the SSN and CIC
reference for the RK. But in any case both documents should be aligned.

What do you and others think? Do we remove CIC and SSN based loadsharing
from both documents? or do we allow it?

Thanks // Javier.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: jueves, 26 de junio de 2003 10:16
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA MIB Draft05: Loadsharing on CIC ,SSN
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi....
>