Subject: [Sigtran] doubt about sctp associations

From: "Miguel Willigs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:26:25 +0200

Hi there,
         I am having a doubt about sctp associations when used in the M2UA Layer.

It says in RFC 3331, page 9, "The M2UA layer MUST maintain a map of an Interface ID to a physical interface on the Signalling Gateway.  A physical interface would be a V.35 line, T1 line/time slot, E1 line/time slot, etc.  The M2UA layer MUST also maintain a map of the Interface Identifier to SCTP association and to the related stream within the association."

So, does it mean that (always) a sctp association consists in 2 sctp endpoints (IP:Port address) and also the stream they use to communicate?

          thanks,
                  Miguel

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:57:28 +0530

Hi Migual,
yes.

regds
Satyendra

"Miguel Willigs" <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 08/05/2003
02:56:25 PM

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    <[email-masked]>
cc:

Subject:    [Sigtran] doubt about sctp associations

Hi  there,
         I am having a doubt  about sctp associations when used in the M2UA
Layer.

It says in RFC 3331, page 9, "The M2UA layer MUST  maintain a map of an
Interface ID to a physical interface on the Signalling  Gateway.  A
physical interface would be a V.35 line, T1 line/time slot, E1  line/time
slot, etc.  The M2UA layer MUST also maintain a map of the  Interface
Identifier to SCTP association and to the related stream within the
association."

So, does it mean that (always) a sctp association  consists in 2 sctp
endpoints (IP:Port address) and also the stream they use to  communicate?

           thanks,
                   Miguel

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran