Subject: [Sigtran] doubt about sctp associations

From: "Miguel Willigs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:01:31 +0200

Hi,

  Sorry,the last message wasn't suppost to go to the mailing list. That's an
old message I've coppied from the mailing list. Here are my doubdts:

What about the case where an ASP is resident on a Host using dynamic
address/port number assignments? Should the SG know the stream that will be
used for communicating with an ASP, by looking at what stream the ASP Up
message arrived?

Another question: Dynamic address/port number assignments is different from
dynamic ASP's registrations, rigth?
So, dynamic address/port number assignments "must" be supported in opposed
to dynamic ASP's registrations, that are optional, right?

         thanks again,
                      Miguel

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "Miguel Willigs" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] doubt about sctp associations

Hi Migual,
yes.

regds
Satyendra

"Miguel Willigs" <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 08/05/2003
02:56:25 PM

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    <[email-masked]>
cc:

Subject:    [Sigtran] doubt about sctp associations

Hi  there,
I am having a doubt  about sctp associations when used in the M2UA
Layer.

It says in RFC 3331, page 9, "The M2UA layer MUST  maintain a map of an
Interface ID to a physical interface on the Signalling  Gateway. A
physical interface would be a V.35 line, T1 line/time slot, E1  line/time
slot, etc. The M2UA layer MUST also maintain a map of the  Interface
Identifier to SCTP association and to the related stream within the
association."

So, does it mean that (always) a sctp association  consists in 2 sctp
endpoints (IP:Port address) and also the stream they use to  communicate?

  thanks,
  Miguel

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran