Subject: [Sigtran] SUA -- Source Address in the CORE message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:54:39 +0530

Hi,
        According to the SUA draft Source Address field in CORE message is
optional.
Consider the following sequence

SGP sends a CORE message to ASP without Source Address.
ASP sends back the COAK to same SGP without Destination Address.
Connection established
:
:
 Data transfer takes place
:
:
SGP sends a DUNA message
:
:  <----- Point 1
:
ASP Send Connection Oriented Data
:
:  <---- Point 2
:

Now  queries
1> on Point 1 should the connection be terminated with the destination from
which DUNA message is received and no CODT is allowed
If Yes.... How ?  considering the case where ASP did not receive the Source
Address in CORE message. how can the connection be identified?  because ASP
does not know the peer's address for this Connection.

Should the Connection be identified using RC  but then there may be a case
in which there is no RC in DUNA message (RC is optional in DUNA message) ?

2> on point 2 should this CODT message be allowed to reach SGP ?
   should this message be  routed to another SGP(if there) ?

Please correct me if I am missing something

Regards
Yogesh
www.hssworld.com
Hughes Software Systems

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 01:12:03 -0600

ygahlaut,

[email-masked] wrote:                                                       (Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:54:39)
>  Data transfer takes place

It is not the role of the ASP to perform SCCP CO state machine functions.
These are performed at the SGP.  It is the SGP's resposibility to, as well as
sending the DUNA, send RELRE (N-DISCONNNECT-Indication) to the ASP with the
appropriate cause (in this case, Subsystem Failure, SCCP Failure, or MTP
Failure).

: SGP sends RELRE

> ASP Send Connection Oriented Data

It would be typical to discard CO data after sending RELRE (at least for
a short while), to give the AS time to respond to the N-DISCONNECT-Indication
and stop sending data.

--brian

Please remove your DISCLAIMER below from future mailings.

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/