Subject: Re: [Sigtran] SUA - RC in CLDT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:36:20 +0530

Hi Valerie

 In M3UA  ,RC  is  conditional so that if an association is serving
multiple Application servers the RC parameter can be used to identify which
AS the data coming on the association is meant for. This parameter was
specifically made semi-optional/conditional from optional.

Also though in ASPAC the parameter is optional but this is only when the
association is catering to only a single AS. And  the draft also mentions
in the Asp Active procedures that if the ASP is serving traffic for
multiple Application servers across common SCTP association, then it should
include list of Routing context.

So IMO you are right that RC can be made conditional from mandatory in SUA
data messages also.

But I am not able to understand your last point. If there is static
configuration and the association is serving single AS, it will insert  the
RC that was statically configured. Please comment.

Thanks and Regards
Anjali
www.hssworld.com
Hughes Software Systems

"Valerie Gastaud" <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 08/06/2003
07:03:59 PM

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    "Sigtran" <[email-masked]>
cc:

Subject:    [Sigtran] SUA - RC in CLDT

Why is RC mandatory in the SUA data messages (CLDT/CLDR + class2 messages)?
This is not consistent with M3UA and this is not consistent with the SUA
ASPAC message in which the RC is optional.
In case of static provisioning of RK, if an SGP receives an ASPAC w/o RC,
it
won't be able to insert the RC in the CLDT.

Valerie

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
 https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Valerie Gastaud" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:13:18 +0200

Hi Anjali,

Since inserting the RC parameter in the messages is not necessary when the
association is serving single AS, why would it be mandatory to statically
configure a RC in this case?
Valerie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: jeudi 7 aout 2003 08:06
To: Valerie Gastaud
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] SUA - RC in CLDT

Hi Valerie

Thanks and Regards
Anjali
www.hssworld.com
Hughes Software Systems

Valerie