Subject: [Sigtran] Protocol Action: 'Stream Control Transmission Protocol Management Information Base' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:59:51 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Stream Control Transmission 
Protocol Management Information Base' <draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-mib-10.txt> 
as a Proposed Standard. This document is the product of the Signaling 
Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Allison Mankin.

Technical Summary

The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is a reliable
transport protocol operating on top of a connectionless packet
network such as IP. It is designed to transport PSTN signaling
messages over the connectionless packet network, but is capable of
broader applications.

This memo defines the Management Information Base (MIB) module which
describes the minimum set of objects needed to manage the
implementation of the SCTP.

There is one existing nit that we need to fix in an RFC-editor note - 
namely that the SIZE restriction of 115 octets on the 
sctpAssocRemHostName needs to be removed (should be 255).
   
Working Group Summary
   
The SIGTRAN WG and the TSVWG WG supported this document.
   
Protocol Quality
   
This specification was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen and Jon
Peterson. Further MIB review was performed by the participants of 
the mreview mailing list.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Nitin Vairagare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:33:51 -0500

What is the RFC number allocated to this?

Nitin

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 2:00 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; RFC Editor; [email-masked]
Subject: Protocol Action: 'Stream Control Transmission Protocol
Management Information Base' to Proposed Standard 

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Stream Control Transmission 
Protocol Management Information Base'
<draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-mib-10.txt> 
as a Proposed Standard. This document is the product of the Signaling 
Transport Working Group. 

Technical Summary

   
Working Group Summary

Protocol Quality