Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA IG v05 - Parameter problems in Sending NTFY after sending ASP-INACTIVE-ACK

From: "Barry Nagelberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:12:37 -0400

There are also parameter problems in Section 3.22 of M3UA IG v05 (Sending
NTFY after sending ASP-INACTIVE-ACK):

The purpose of this change is to notify the ASP about the state of an AS,
following reception of ASPUP at the SGP. The unstated scenario here is that
the AS state has not changed - otherwise a Notify message would have been
sent automatically.

But because the AS state has not changed, there is a problem in choosing the
correct State Type and State Information parameters for the Notify message.
For Status Type, we can't use "AS-StateChange", because the state has not
changed. Thus we must use "Other".

But within "Other", there are no suitable State Information values. None of
the current values - "Insufficient ASP resources active in AS", "Alternate
ASP Active", or "ASP Failure" are suitable.

We will need a new Status Type value such as "AS State Notification".

Barry Nagelberg

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:20:35 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> Barry Nagelberg
> Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 10:13 AM
> To: SIGTRAN Mailing List
> Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA IG v05 - Parameter problems in Sending NTFY
> after sending ASP-INACTIVE-ACK
>
>
[TOLGA]Or we change status type "AS-StateChange" to "AS-StateChange/Update"
or "AS-StateNotification" -afterall informing about an AS state change is
also a notification-

---

From: "Umesh Vats" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:21:31 -0700

I have a doubt on RC(routing context) parameter in different  networks.

Can application servers belonging to different networks have same RC value
on an SG ?

thanks
Umesh

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:24:14 -0400

Hi Umesh,

> Umesh Vats
> Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 11:22 AM
> To: Tolga Asveren; [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA : RC value for Application Servers in different
> networks
>
>
[TOLGA] If what you mean is multiple AS on a single ASP, no. RC should be
unique between ASP/SGP.