Subject: [Sigtran] message class conflict between M2PA and DUA

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:28:17 -0700

Hi Folks,

In the process of implementing the IANA registration for the security framework,
Michael Tuexen has brought up a conflict in the message class chosen for
M2PA and DUA, both use '11'.  

Given that there appear to be a number of implementations of M2PA already
testing, my suggestion would be to move DUA messages to class '13'
('12' is now used for the new security messages).  Is there any objection
to this suggestion?

Thanks,

L. Ong

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Ranjith Mukundan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:34:46 +0530

Hi Lyndon,

Thats fine.

Cheers,
-- ranjith..

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>On Behalf Of Ong, Lyndon
>Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 11:58 PM
>To: [email-masked]'
>Cc: Ong, Lyndon
>Subject: [Sigtran] message class conflict between M2PA and DUA
>
>
>Hi Folks,
>
>In the process of implementing the IANA registration for the 
>security framework, Michael Tuexen has brought up a conflict 
>in the message class chosen for M2PA and DUA, both use '11'.  
>
>Given that there appear to be a number of implementations of 
>M2PA already testing, my suggestion would be to move DUA 
>messages to class '13' ('12' is now used for the new security 
>messages).  Is there any objection to this suggestion?
>
>Thanks,
>
>L. Ong
>