Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA:message distribution at ASP

From: "Wung, Joseph" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 18:28:18 -0400

I have an ASP connecting to two SGPs of an SG, both of which are registered
with the same sets of
routing keys.  Should the ASP maintains availability/restricted/congestion
status for SS7 destinations
on a per associatioin basis?  If it should, could the status be different on
separate associations for a 
given SS7 destination?

Joe

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 17:00:46 -0600

Joseph,

The view of the SS7 network should be a single view.  Also SSNM are used for
indicating events in the SS7 network, not for events in the IP domain.
ASPTM/ASPSM are for events in the IP domain.

For example, if one SGP sends DUNA, it applies to the entire AS.  An ASP,
however, may receive the SSNM from both SGP.

Consider the assocation in this case like a link in a linkset, and the AS-SG
relation as a route.  An MTP does not track TFP on a per-link basis.
Equivalently, the ASP should not track DUNA on a per-SGP basis.

If you are worried about state sychronization between the SGP from the
viewpoint of the ASP, normal responsive methods will handle any reordering of
SSNM.  That is, if an ASP sends to an unavailable destination via an SGP, it
should get DUNA in response.  Also, there is the periodic DAUD procedure for
unavailable destinaitons that the MTP-User at that AS might not otherwise send
to.

--brian

Wung, Joseph wrote:                                                                  (Tue, 02 Sep 2003 18:28:18)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/