Subject: RE: [Sigtran] M2PA MSU_ACK frequency issue

From: "Nitin Vairagare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:37:35 -0500

In Absence of FISUs on M2PA, there has to be some way to
Send Acks.

This can be synchronized with SCTP SACK Rules. 

Regards,
Nitin

-----Original Message-----
From: Javier Kim [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 3:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA MSU_ACK frequency issue

Hi All,

>From the recent Plugtest in Sophia Antipolis it was observed that some
M2PA implementations didn't send MSU_ACKs except by long timer trigger
(.5 second).  On a 3000 message-per-second link this could lead to
recovery queues of 1500 MSUs or more.  It was determined that more
frequent MSU_ACKs would be better and add little or no overhead for most
bi-directional message flows.

We suggest that the draft be amended to require an MSU or MSU_ACK be
returned no less frequently than every 8 MSUs received.  This would
keep the M2PA recovery queues shorter, and faster to process, in the
event
of a change-over.

Best regards,

Javier Kim

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran