Subject: [Sigtran] help sua rc para

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:22:26 +0800

in SUA rfc 3868

ACTIVE ACK message MUST contain the RC para,then in sua,ALL AS must have a
RC in DATA CONFIGURE ??

m3ua not ask for  that!

if SIDE A have one AS,size B have two AS,but the all use common sctp,A's
AS1 is to B's AS1.

then if A send a ACTIVE without RC ,then in B ,we cannot konw which AS(S)
should be ACTIVED!! there may be errs!!

××××××××××××××××××××××××××
 .........Live..............Stronger...............
××××××××××××××××××××××××××

***********************************************
信息安全声明：本邮件包含信息归ZTE所有，
ZTE对该邮件拥有所有权利。请接收者注意
保密，未经发件人书面许可，不得向任何第
三方组织和个人透露本邮件所含信息的全部
或部分。以上声明仅适用于工作邮件。
Information Security  Notice：
The information contained in this mail is
solely property of  ZTE Corporation. 
This mail communication is confidential.
Recipients named above are obligated to
maintain secrecy and are not permitted to
disclose the contents of this communication
to others.
***********************************************
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 06:46:00 -0600

chen.puran,

See section 4.3.4.3. ASP Active Procedures, and in particular:

 "... In the case there an ASP wishes to process the traffic for more
  than one Application server across a common SCTP  association, the
  ASP Active message(s) SHOULD contain a list of one or more Routing
  Contexts to indicate for which Application Servers the ASP Active
  message applies. ..."

So in your example, ASP A SHOULD send RC for AS1 in ASP Active.

Also,

 "... In the case where an ASP Active message does not contain a
  Routing Context parameter, the receiver must know, via configuration
  data, which Application Server(s) the ASP is a member. ..."

So even if B receives ASP Active with no RC, it either knows via
configuration which AS to activate, or it sends back an error.

Also,

 "... The Routing Context parameter MUST be included in the ASP Active
  Ack message(s) if the received ASP Active message contained any
  Routing Contexts. ..."

And, no, SUA is *not* M3UA.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                    (Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:22:26)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/