Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA - invalid RC error code

From: Dario <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 04:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
the M3UA RFC4666 states (section 3.8.1. Error):

"The "invalid Routing Context" error is sent if a message is received from a
peer with an invalid (unconfigured) Routing Context value. For this error,
the invalid Routing Context MUST be included in Error message"

On the other hand, section 4.3.4.3 "ASP Active Procedures" states:

"If the RC parameter is not included in the ASP Active message and there are
no RKs defined, the peer node SHOULD respond with an ERROR message with the
Error code "Invalid Routing Context".

These two statements look contradictory.
Can you explain all cases  where "Invalid Routinng Context" should be used?

thanks, Dario
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/M3UA---invalid-RC-error-code-tf3638118.html#a10159220
Sent from the IETF - Sigtran mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran