Subject: RE: [Sigtran] Load Sharing in SUA

From: "Salil Agrawal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:43:11 +0530

Hi Ambika,

Its not dependent on MTP3 standards but I am not sure about the range
though I guess that ANSI and ITU both defines as 8 bit parameter so
should be 0-255 only. 

Thanks,

Salil

________________________________

From: Ambika Tripathy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 2:38 PM
To: Salil Agrawal
Cc: sigtran
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] Load Sharing in SUA

Hi Salil,

      Thanks for the information. But let me know the supported range
for sequence number. Does it affected by the MTP3 Standards (ANSI, JTU,
ITU, etc.) or its value is always 0-255.

       Because SLS range is affected by various standards i.e for ANSI
it 0-255, ITU it is 0-15 etc..

-- 
Br,
Ambika Prasad Tripathy
Nethawk Networks
Cell: +91-94375 47730     

On 4/26/07, Salil Agrawal <[email-masked]> wrote: 

Hi Ambika, 

Sequence number parameter in SCCP/SUA is the parameter on the basis of
Which SCCP generates the unique SLS number for the MTP3 so that MTP3 can
choose a unique link for a specific link to send the traffic i.e.
maintains the sequencing. In case of the SUA this parameter is used to
maintain the sequencing and load distribution. So we can have load
sharing based on the sequence number parameter say if sequence number
are 0-255 and two ASP can be the probable destination then traffic with
even sequence number can be given to the ASP0 and traffic with odd
sequence number can be given to the ASP1. 

Thanks,

Salil

________________________________

From: Ambika Tripathy [mailto: [email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 2:04 PM 
To: sigtran; bidulock
Subject: [Sigtran] Load Sharing in SUA

Hi Brain and All,

      In M3UA SLS is there for load sharing purpose at sg. In the same
way which parameter in SUA will be used for implementing load sharing? 

In the RFC-3868 section 3.10.22 describes that we can use Sequence
control Parameter for Load sharing. But how it will map the SLS value of
MTP3 at SG can someone give some hints. 

-- 
Br,
Ambika Prasad Tripathy
Nethawk Networks
Cell: +91-94375 47730 

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran