Subject: [Sigtran] Diagnostic Info in M3UA

From: "Ambika Tripathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:18:09 +0530

Hi All,

     I have one doubt related to diagnostic information in M3UA Error
message.

Please let me know is there any limit of offending data message length in
the diagnostic information field.

FYI:
For IUA rfc-3057 it is mentioned that "the Diagnostic information could
contain the first 40 bytes of the offending message".

No no such in case of M3UA rfc-3332 or rfc-4666.

-- 
Br,
Ambika Prasad Tripathy
Nethawk Networks
Cell: +91-94375 47730
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:48:40 -0600

Ambika,

Ambika Tripathy wrote:                        (Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:18:09)
>    Please let me know is there any limit of offending data message length
>    in the diagnostic information field.
> 
>    FYI:
> 
>    For  IUA  rfc-3057  it  is  mentioned that "the Diagnostic information
>    could contain the first 40 bytes of the offending message".

RFC 3057 is obsolete.  See RFC 4233.  It says that the Diagnostic information
SHOULD contain the offending message.  No mention of 40 bytes.  It also says
that the Diagnostic information must contian enough of the offending message
to identify the invalid Interface Identifier.

>    No no such in case of M3UA rfc-3332 or rfc-4666.

RFC 4666 _does_ say 40 bytes.  See errors on the bottom of Page 65.

So it looks like you have things backward.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: Dario <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 04:29:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I have few more doubt regarding Diagnostic Info:

1. The parameters RC, NA and Affected PC are described as "only mandatory
for specific error codes" while Diagnostic Info is "Conditional". 
What is the difference between those two treatments?

2. The contents of Diagnostic Info is descibed only for mandatory error
cases ("unsupported message class", "unsupported message type").
Can Diagnostic Info be sent in other error cases as optional parameter, or
should it be avoided in those cases?

thanks,  Dario

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Diagnostic-Info-in-M3UA-tf3571194.html#a10158887
Sent from the IETF - Sigtran mailing list archive at Nabble.com.