Subject: [Sigtran] RE: correct Error code

From: Dario <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 02:20:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Tolga, according to your examples, the RCs are unique per SGP-ASP
combination.
RFC 4666 Section 4.4.1. "Registration" states the following:

"A unique Routing Context value assigned to the SGP Routing Key is
   included.  The method of Routing Context value assignment at the SGP
   is implementation dependent but must be guaranteed to be unique for
   each Application Server or Routing Key supported by the SGP."

Can you clarify: is RC unique on SGP or per SGP-ASP combination?
thanks!
Best regards, Dario

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/correct-Error-code-tf3485042.html#a9787369
Sent from the IETF - Sigtran mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 04:10:54 -0600

Dario,

No not SGP-ASP, just SGP.  RC, when statically configured, also should
be coordinated across the SGP making up the same SG (as alluded to in
RFC 4666 1.4.1) and should be coordinated across SG in a mated STP
configuration (as also alluded to in RFC 4666 1.4.1).  Yes, its an
operational consideration, and that is why it is not required by the
RFC, but it makes sense from a provisioning and monitoring standpoint.

I think Tolga's example was hypothetical.

--brian

Dario wrote:                            (Mon, 02 Apr 2007 02:20:52)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:39:36 -0400

Hi Dario,

>From protocol semantics point of view, you can have it either way. AFAICS,
what is mandatory is (so that the protocol functions properly) that it is at
least unique per ASP/SGP. This doesn't mean you can't have it unique per
SGP, per SG, per SG pair or globally. It probably depends mostly on
deployment scenario what level of uniqueness is enough.

   Thanks,
   Tolga

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dario [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 5:21 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sigtran] RE: correct Error code
>
>
>
> Hi,
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/correct-Error-code-tf3485042.html#a9787369