Subject: [Sigtran] Is an AS having multiple routing table support is similar to AS having multiple ASP

From: "Bibhuti Bhusan Tosh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:46:54 +0530

HI All

          IF an M3UA layer supporting multiple ROUTINGTABLES or ROUTINGKEY
are exactly similar to AS having multiple ASPs?  

Basically we consider a set of unique OPC, DPC, SI, NI, NA as a routing
table. An M3UA AS can have multiple set of these routing parameters. Are
there routing parameter sets can be treated as different ASPs or SGPs of AS
or SG endpoint respectively?

Thanks and regards,

--Bibhuti Bhusan Tosh

Nethawk Networks India P ltd.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:51:49 -0600

Bibhuti,

Bibhuti Bhusan Tosh wrote:                                                         (Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:46:54)
> 
>    HI All
> 
> 
>               IF  an  M3UA  layer  supporting  multiple  ROUTINGTABLES or
>    ROUTINGKEY are exactly similar to AS having multiple ASPs?

No.  It is the same as an SGP supporting multiple AS.

--brian

> 
> 
>    Basically  we  consider  a  set  of  unique  OPC, DPC, SI, NI, NA as a
>    routing  table.  An  M3UA  AS  can  have multiple set of these routing
>    parameters.  Are  there  routing  parameter  sets  can  be  treated as
>    different ASPs or SGPs of AS or SG endpoint respectively?
> 
> 
>    Thanks and regards,
> 
>    --Bibhuti Bhusan Tosh
> 

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "ZHOU Minggang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:24:47 +0800

Hi Bibhuti,
Application Server (AS) - A logical entity serving a specific Routing
   Key.  An example of an Application Server is a virtual switch element
   handling all call processing for a unique range of PSTN trunks,
   identified by an SS7 SIO/DPC/OPC/CIC_range.  Another example is a
   virtual database element, handling all HLR transactions for a
   particular SS7 DPC/OPC/SCCP_SSN combination.  The AS contains a set
   of one or more unique Application Server Processes, of which one or
   more is normally actively processing traffic.  Note that there is a
   1:1 relationship between an AS and a Routing Key. 

Best regards,
Zhou Minggang

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian F. G. Bidulock [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 2:52 AM
To: Bibhuti Bhusan Tosh
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] Is an AS having multiple routing table support
issimilar to AS having multiple ASP

Bibhuti,

Bibhuti Bhusan Tosh wrote:
(Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:46:54)

--brian

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/