Subject: [Sigtran] NTFY message in IPSP single exchange mode

From: Mahantesh SK <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:12:56 +0530

Hi Brain,

Is it must to send the NTFY message to the peer node after change in the
IPSP state?

*Thanks
**Mahantesh*

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 19:20:50 -0600

Mahantesh,

As you know, the RFC says:

 RFC 4666/4.3.4.5.1

   Notify works in the same manner as in the SG-AS case.  Ohe of the
   IPSPs can send this message to any remote IPSP that is not in the
   ASP-DOWN state.

Which doesn't offer much help.

In general, any IPSP that responds like an SG (i.e. accepts messages
normally only recieved by an SG in the SG-AS case) must also send NTFY
messages just as the SG would.  This would mean that both IPSP must send
NTFY in DE mode and only an IPSP that is responding like and SG in SE
mode.  All IPSP should be prepared to receive it, but unless the IPSP is
positive about the mode of the peer, it might not be able to rely on it.

Well, those are my thoughts.  Others might differ.

--brian

Mahantesh SK wrote:                       (Tue, 04 Oct 2011 17:12:56)
>    Hi Brain,
> 
>    Is it must to send the NTFY message to the peer node afterÂ changeÂ in
>    the IPSP state?
> 
>    Thanks
>    Mahantesh

> _______________________________________________
> Sigtran mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/