Subject: [Sigtran] How a SG selects through which association a DUNA or a SCON message sent.

From: prabath weerasinghe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 17:35:17 +0530

Hi All,

This is regarding M3UA SSNM messages.

1. Take an ASP with 2 SCTP link sets with each link set having 2
associations, connecting to two different SGs.

         | - - - - -> Link Set 1 (2 Associations) - - - - -> SG 1  - - - -
- >|
ASP  |
                         | HLR-1
         | - - - - -> Link Set 2 (2 Associations) - - - - -> SG 2  - - - -
- >|

    If all connections between SG-1 and the HLR-1 break,  the ASP would  be
notified with a DUNA.
    My question is through which SCTP connection between the ASP and SG-1,
the DUNA would be sent in a proper SG implementation?
    Would it be sent to both connections or to a randomly selected one ?

Thanks and Regards,

-- 
Prabath Weerasinghe
_________________________________________________________________________________
Confidentiality and Disclaimer

This email and any attachments are intended only for the person or entity
to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, disclose, distribute or copy this email or use the
information therein or act or omit to act in reliance thereof. Please also
inform the sender of erroneous receipt and delete the material from your
system.

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 07:00:06 -0600

prabath,

prabath weerasinghe wrote:                     (Fri, 22 Jul 2016 17:35:17)
>    Â  Â  My question is through which SCTP connection between the ASP and
>    SG-1, the DUNA would be sent in a proper SG implementation?Â
>    Â  Â  Would it be sent to both connections or to a randomly selected
>    one ?

Normally sent on both, but only required on one.

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.com/