Subject: [Simple] XCAP questions

From: Jari Urpalainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:22:07 +0200

Hi !

I have been developing a reference implementation for XCAP server 
(standalone and an Apache module).  There are some open/unclear issues 
(to me at least),  so here's the list of questions.

1. XCAP directory list
In XCAP presence auth draft chapter 4.4, there's a requirement to get 
all documents from the server. However, in the base XCAP draft it is 
unspecified how the server should send this directory list. While 
http-servers can/will provide this information in many ways, IMO the 
base XCAP draft should specify this format (xml?). Furhermore, it would 
be nice if ETags were included in the response in order to help to 
synchonize documents between the client and the server.

2. XCAP ETags
In order to ease the synchronizing within resources between client and 
server the base XCAP draft could specify the secure hash method e.g. 
SHA-1 or whatever that is used to calculate the ETag. This is already 
proposed in xcap-package but IMHO could be in the base spec.

3. XCAP attributes
When updating/querying attributes is it necessary to include attribute 
name in payload as attribute name is already provided in XPATH-query ?

e.g. you could get /resource-lists/list[@name="friends"]/@uri
so you already know that you receive response for attribute uri. IMHO 
when putting/getting attributes, payload could include only attribute value.

4. XCAP namespace declarations
As namespace handling resemble "standard" XML attributes is it also 
allowed to change namespace declarations with similar semantics ?

BR,
Jari Urpalainen

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple