Subject: [Simple] Comments on draft-ietf-simple-pres-filter-reqs-02

From: "Niemi Aki (Nokia-M/Helsinki)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:30:05 +0200

All,

Here are some comments to the filtering requirements. As with the winfo 
reqs, I don't think there's anything major, just a bit of tweaking the 
format and language.

Cheers,
Aki

---

- Overall, the draft suffers from the same thing as the winfo-reqs - it 
needs a chapter that explains the model and defines terms that then are 
used throughout the rest of the document.

- Overall nit, requirement labels lack numbers

- In 3.2, 1st and 2nd req, if we replace "presentity" with "resource" in 
the 1sr req, then the second one becomes obsolete, no?

- In 3.2, 3rd req, what is a sub-list? If it means a presence list that 
is nested insiode another list, then the above bullet should cover that 
as well.

- In 3.2, 4th req is really hard to understand.

- In 3.3, 1st sentence, this goes to my overall comment about model and 
terms, "triggering conditions" is not self-explanatory enough for me to 
understand immediately what were talking about here.

- In 3.3, 2nd req, if not on the presence information, what would the 
triggering be based on?

- In 3.3, 3rd req is hard to parse, suggest rewording similar to one I 
suggested for winfo filtering reqs.

- In 4.1.2, 2nd req, the server default here being "no filter"?

- In 4.2, 4th req, how about:

	It MUST be possible for the server to terminate a
	subscription if a filter is no longer acceptable,
	e.g., due to policy change or server load.

- In 5.1, last req is confusing. Is this needed at all?

- Move 5.3 to Security requirements.

- In 6, 1st req contradicts earlier requirement on client receiving 
ack/nack from installing a filter.

- In 6, 2nd requirement has no CAPS, what is the strength of this 
requirement?

- In 6, last req is hard to understand. Suggest rewording, and using 
"SHOULD NOT convey information..."

---

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple