Subject: [Simple] MSRP: Updated Draft

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:19:55 -0600

I just submitted an updated MSRP draft. Until it shows up in the 
repository, you can find it at:

http://www.nostrum.com/~ben/draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-03.txt
    ...or...
http://www.nostrum.com/~ben/draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-03.html

The big changes to this version include the removal of the relay 
specification, and all MSRP features that were specific to relays. It 
also includes new verbiage on SDP exchanges that affect an existing 
stream. I added a "count" parameter to the direction attribute, as was 
discussed in the recent thread on how an endpoint signals the desire to 
reconnect.

There are still 3 to do items that I am aware of:

1) We need to get closure on whether and how we supress duplicate 
messages when a connection fails, the endpoints signal a reconnect, and 
the stream is resumed on the new connection.

2) I still need to do the work on allowing all standard MIME header 
fields. I don't think this is controversial; I just don't have it done 
yet and wanted to get a checkpoint draft out asap.

3) Fluffy's text on certificate handling for the security considerations 
section.

Thanks!

Ben.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple