Subject: RE: [Simple] WGLC: prescaps - WGLC summary

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:47:48 +0300

Hi,

Here is a list of issues which have come up during WGLC. If I have
missed something please let me know.

1) Change of extensibility mechanism for <methods>, <class>, <duplex>,
<mobility>, <extensions>, <actor> and <schemes> elements

Currently these elements are defined as string type elements (without
any restriction in values) or they are defined as enumerated string
types. It has been proposed that these elements should be defined using
substitutionGroups. This would allow use of XML parsers to check that
elements names are correct and that would make better use of XML
namespaces. As an example XML for <methods> element would look like
this:

<methods>
	<supported>
		<MESSAGE/>
	</supported>
	<notsupported>
		<INVITE/>
	</notsupported>
</methods>

Reason for having <supported> and <notsupported> elements instead of
supported attribute in each individual element is that I wasn't able to
make it work correctly in XML (so that attribute would be inherited to
all possible elements that can be used inside <methods>). I will post
the new schema into the list as soon as I have it ready.

2) Add more text into element definitions about which values are allowed
as element values

This is now party handled by the changes in XML schema. I will also add
references to IANA registries into appropriate places.

3) Change XML attribute 'negated' to 'supported'

Current usage/naming of 'negated' attribute seems be somewhat confusing
and will be renamed as 'supported' in the next version. This means
'negated=false' => 'supported=true' and  'negated=true' =>
'supported=false'.

4) Remove duplicate normative statements

Current document contains few normative statements which are specified
both in XML schema and in document as normative statements. In these
cases I will remove normative text from document text and will use XML
schema as only normative statement. 

5) Change of namespace identifier

Current draft defines XML namespace identifier as:
urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:simple-prescaps-ext. As the extension should be
used under <status> element correct namespace is probably
urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:status:prescaps.

6) NIT fixes

I have received some number of nits which will be fixed.

- Mikko

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple