Subject: [Simple] Comments on PUBLISH Draft

From: "Brian Stucker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:04:58 -0400

Hey Aki,

I was reading through the PUBLISH draft this morning and noticed something
that I think we need to make some changes to the draft to cover off.
Specifically, on page 8, table 1 shows 4 possible scenarios. However, if you
look at this table as a truth table, the three variables (Body,
SIP-If-Match, and Expires = 0) suggests 2^3 results, or 8 results. I believe
that these error scenarios should be explicitly covered off so folks don't
think they can update the state and remove at the same time, while others
consider that to be an error. I think we simply forgot about these scenarios
when going through the draft in earlier prototypes.

Specifically:

*	Contains a body, no SIM, expires = 0: should elicit a 423 because
the expires interval on the initial publish must be non-zero (it makes no
sense otherwise).
*	Contains a body, has SIM, expires = 0: should elicit a 423 because
modify the state and then immediately removing it makes no sense (may be
controversial).
*	No body, no SIM, expires = 0: should elicit a 412 because there's no
way we can match an ETag if none was supplied as part of the remove
operation.
*	No body, no SIM, expires > 0: should elicit a 400 response because
you'd be creating an initial publication with no state information (makes no
sense, but may be controversial).

Regards,

Brian

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple