Subject: [Simple] chat-02 - Infinite Buffers

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:06:05 -0500

Section 6.4.1 implies the MSRP switch has an infinite buffer.  To wit, the
MSRP switch has to buffer the entire message to wait for the last chunk
before creating new SEND requests.

Is there a reason why the MSRP switch shouldn't start relaying chunks when
its local policy says it is OK, like relay all chunks, or package chunks to
an appropriate size for the recipient (each of which may have a different
ideal chunk size)?

Likewise, Section 6.4.2 says that the MSRP switch must receive the entire
message, and THEN verify the distribution addresses.  I would offer the
protocol definition should be silent here, possibly with a note.  I think
the note should have the opposite suggestion: as soon as the MSRP switch
determines it cannot route the message, the MSRP switch SHOULD abort the
transaction (reject the message).  Why should the protocol mandate the MSRP
switch has to buffer Star Wars IX in its entirety before rejecting the
message because of bad addressing?

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple