Subject: [Simple] message-sessions-10 WGLC comments

From: Pekka Pessi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:54:59 +0200

Hello all,

I've a few comments, but managed to find only a couple of nits...

--Pekka

Comments:

7. Method-Specific Behaviour 

The structure of the section is a bit confusing, as the spec first
handles sending requests and then receiving them, but base MSRP
only has these two methods... Perhaps first handle delivering
SEND, then receiving SEND, delivering REPORT and finally receiving
REPORTs?

- Is the 30 second reasonable value for delivery timer (used in
  Failure-Report: yes case)? When the timer is started? (When the
  application send()s last bytes? When bytes were first delivered
  to network? Delivered to network interface? User-space TCP
  stacks are not so common, even less common than user-space
  device drivers or proper QoS implementation. I bet we can do
  this on Nokia handset but on a node running Windows or Linux???)

- Report-Failure, Report-Success headers

  Should it be up to the extension method to define whether these
  are included in the request? In any case, if an endpoint (node?) 
  does not understand request, should it return a 501 response?

  Perhaps:

   Success-Report and Failure-Report MUST NOT be present in REPORT
   request.

  The default behaviour in absense of Success/Failure-Report could
  be defined in base spec, for instance, Success-Report: no and 
  Failure-Report: yes.
  
8.1.4 Updated SDP Offers

- Does it create a new session when the MSRP path changes? When the
  new session is created and when the old one ends? What if the
  party is returned a 481 response? With old path? With new path?

  I'd propose that changing the path should only be possible when
  a offer is sent in INVITE (or similar non-SIP method where the
  user/UA intervention is possible).

9. Syntax

- I'd propose that the spec explicitly mention to extensibility of
  MSRP URLs with parameters:
  
   MSRP-URL = msrp-scheme "://" [userinfo "@"] hostport
              ["/" session-id] ";" transport *ext-url-param

   ext-url-param = ";" 1*unreserved [ "=" 1*unreserved ]

NITS:

7.3.2 MSRP Modes => MSRP nodes

9. rfc2396bis is nowadays RFC 3986 STD 66.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple