Subject: [Simple] MSRP-10: Usage of SDP c=

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:19:08 +0100

Hi,

In section 8.1.3 the following sentence exist:
"   The connection address field MUST be set to the IP address or fully
    qualified domain name from MSRP URL identifying the endpoint in its
    PATH attribute."

I don't think the "C=" field should point at the endpoint. To me the 
correct behavior is to point at the address to do the TCP connection 
too. Thus in a relay case, the c= would have the relays FQDN or IP address.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple