Subject: [Simple] Re: draft-ietf-simple-msrp-relays-03

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:24:23 -0500

Cullen/Rohan,

I took a look at the latest. Looks good. I just found a couple of little 
things:

5.1  Connecting to relays acting on your behalf

    Clients can be configured (typically through discovery or manual
    provisioning) with a list of relays they need to use.  They MUST be
    able to form a connection to each relay and send an AUTH command to
                                 ^^^^
    get a URI that can be used in a To-Path header.  The client can

There is only a need to form a connection to the *first* relay, since 
the others are reached indirectly via the first.

5.4  Managing Connections

    Clients should open connection whenever they wish to deliver a
    request and no suitable connection exists.  For client to client
    connections, a client should close a connection when there are no
    longer any sessions associated with the connection.  For connections

This seems to imply that for direct client to client communication a 
client may open a connection whenever it wants to send a request. But 
there is more to it than that, as described in the base draft. I think 
this statement should restrict itself to client-relay behavior.

6.4.1  Forwarding SEND requests

    If an incoming SEND request Failure-Report header with a value of
                               ^
                               contains a

    "yes", a MSRP relay that receives that SEND request MUST respond with
    a final response immediately.  A 200-class response indicates the

	Paul

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 08:20:10 -0800

Thank - you. Will fix these.