Subject: [Simple] MSRP-10: Extensibility and IANA registry

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:42:19 +0100

Hi,

Reading MSRP version 10 I was very surprised to find that there is no 
IANA registrations defined for the extensible parts of the protocol. To 
my understanding MSRP is extensible using the following things:

- Methods
- Headers
- Status Codes

As these possible ways of extensions exist, there really should be a 
registry and registration rules for these. Otherwise there will be a big 
risk of collisions and difficulties to find out what a unknown extension 
is. I thought we in IETF has learned our lesson, on the need to create 
registries, I think SIP, RTSP, HTML should have learned us now.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple