Subject: [Simple] draft-ietf-simple-xcap-06 Parsing of an XCAP URI

From: "Hyttfors, Per" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:12:52 +0100

Hello Everyone,
 
Is it possible to parse an XCAP URI and unambiguously identifying all
the different XCAP URI segments (like the XCAP root, AUID etc) in an
absolute URI?
 
Since the XCAP specification allows the XCAP root (as well as the
document selector) to have all kinds of path segments, how can I then
find all the XCAP segments in the URI without prior knowledge and
removal of the XCAP root?
 
I've looked for a restriction in the XCAP specification to make this
parsing possible, like that the "/users/" and the "/global/" segments
were disallowed in the XCAP root, but I did not find it. Did I miss
something vital or is the XCAP URI not designed to be parsed out of
context?
 
I have also not found any restriction that makes the path separator
"/~~/" segment globally unique. As I understand only the node selector
is prohibited from having that segment, caused by the XML requirements
on QName.
 
/Per

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple