Subject: [Simple] RFC 4660 on Functional Description of Event Notification Filtering

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:16:13 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4660

        Title:      Functional Description of Event Notification 
                    Filtering 
        Author:     H. Khartabil, E. Leppanen,
                    M. Lonnfors, J. Costa-Requena
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 63886
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-event-filter-funct-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4660.txt

The SIP event notification framework describes the usage of the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for subscriptions and notifications
of changes to the state of a resource.  The document does not
describe a mechanism whereby filtering of event notification
information can be achieved.

This document describes the operations a subscriber performs in order
to put filtering rules associated with a subscription to event
notification information in place.  The handling, by the subscriber,
of responses to subscriptions carrying filtering rules and the
handling of notifications with filtering rules applied to them are
also described.  Furthermore, the document conveys how the notifier
behaves when receiving such filtering rules and how a notification is
constructed.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence 
Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIFrom [email-masked] Tue Sep 26 19:16:25 2006
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:16:13 -0700
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [Simple] RFC 4660 on Functional Description of Event Notification
	Filtering

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4660

        Title:      Functional Description of Event Notification 
                    Filtering 
        Author:     H. Khartabil, E. Leppanen,
                    M. Lonnfors, J. Costa-Requena
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 63886
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-event-filter-funct-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4660.txt

The SIP event notification framework describes the usage of the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for subscriptions and notifications
of changes to the state of a resource.  The document does not
describe a mechanism whereby filtering of event notification
information can be achieved.

This document describes the operations a subscriber performs in order
to put filtering rules associated with a subscription to event
notification information in place.  The handling, by the subscriber,
of responses to subscriptions carrying filtering rules and the
handling of notifications with filtering rules applied to them are
also described.  Furthermore, the document conveys how the notifier
behaves when receiving such filtering rules and how a notification is
constructed.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence 
Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple