Subject: [Simple] Re: I-DAction:draft-hellstrom-simple-text-transmission-00.txt

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:24:43 -0500

Folks,

During the middle of the month, there was a little discussion on the draft
draft-hellstrom-simple-text-transmission-00.  As discussed, this draft is
intended to provide a means of enabling real-time text transmission between
devices using MSRP.

Looking through the discussion that took place, I believe the only concern
was that an MSRP relay might collect several text chunks and combine that,
thus effectively breaking RTT communication.  That's true and we cannot
prevent it, but as Gunnar highlighted, there is an attribute included that
provides a hint to relays that immediate delivery is required.  We may need
a stronger hint and/or means to select MSRP relays that will deliver the
functionality we need.

Were there any other concerns?

While there are certainly issues we need to address (and several noted in
the initial draft), we wanted to put this before the group to try to build
consensus for this general direction.  It seems that there was support for
this idea (and no objection that I could see).  As such, would be acceptable
to the group to make this a work item and begin actively progressing the
draft within SIMPLE?

Thanks,
Paul

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:59:36 -0500

Its ok by me.

	Paul

---

From: "Geir Arne Sandbakken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:14:49 +0100

I think it's a good idea.

Geir Arne

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul E. Jones [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 31. januar 2008 00:25
> To: 'Simple WG'
> Cc: 'Gunnar Hellström'; 'Gregg Vanderheiden'
> Subject: [Simple] Re: I-DAction:draft-hellstrom-simple-text-transmission-
> 00.txt
> 
> Folks,
>