Subject: [Simple] XCAP discovery question

From: "Niklas Fondberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:00:49 +0100

Hello all.

I have searched in OMA XDM, OMA IM-SIMPLE and OMA PRESENCE along with
many rfc's for a preferred way to get the address of the XCAP server
(XCAP root URI)...

I hope this list is the right for asking questions like this, if not
please excuse me.

First let me explain that I do not want to configure the client with
more that the usual SIP configuration parameters like registration
server, proxy, uri, proxy user, proxy pwd, registration pwd aso.

Therefore I want to get the xcap resources (mainly for implementing an
IM/Presence enabled address book) through rls-services ->
resource-lists.

The ways I have found are:

By using the SUBSCRIBE mechanism in draft-ietf-simple-xcap-diff-07 and
use the value of the xcap-root attribute from the <xcap-diff> tag.

I do not think this is the intended way and I will end up with NOTIFY
messages for the changes...

And from rfc4826 SUBSCRIBE (a bit unclear) like this: 

SUBSCRIBE sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0

Event: ua-profile;profile-type=application;auid="resource-lists";

Accept: application/resource-lists+xml

If anybody knows of a good overview document (OMA is not very good at
overview nor are rfc:s) about this, please share this.

Kind regards,

Niklas Fondberg

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple