Subject: [Simple] full-state RLMI documents after resubscriptions (RFC 4662)

From: Victoria Beltrán Martínez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:55:36 +0100

I would be pleased to receive any clarification about an issue 
originated in a discussion about the draft 
"draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-03":

In section 4.5 of RFC 4662 the sentence "Immediate notifications 
triggered as a result of subsequent SUBSCRIBE messages SHOULD include an 
RLMI document in which the full state is indicated" indicates that 
sending full-state documents after resubscriptions is only a 
recommendation (not a requirement). However, in section 5.2 of the same 
RFC the sentence "The first NOTIFY sent in a subscription MUST contain 
full state, as must the first NOTIFY sent after receipt of a SUBSCRIBE 
request for the subscription" indicates that full-state documents are 
required after the receipt of any SUBSCRIBE message (for both the 
initial subscription and resubscriptions). I think that these two 
sentences are a bit contradictory. Must the Resource List Server send a 
full-state RLMI document when it receives a subsequent (not inital) 
SUBSCRIBE message?

Thanks in advance,

Victoria Beltrán

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple