Subject: [Simple] XCAP discovery question (clarification)

From: "Niklas Fondberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:04:55 +0100

(clarification of last port)

Hello all.

I have searched in OMA XDM, OMA IM-SIMPLE and OMA PRESENCE along with
many rfc's for a preferred way to get the address of the XCAP server
(XCAP root URI)...

I hope this list is the right for asking questions like this, if not
please excuse me.

First let me explain that I do not want to configure the client with
more that the usual SIP configuration parameters like registration
server, proxy, uri, proxy user, proxy pwd, registration pwd aso.

Therefore I want to get the xcap resources (mainly for implementing an
IM/Presence enabled address book) through rls-services ->
resource-lists.

The ways I have found are:

By using the SUBSCRIBE mechanism in draft-ietf-simple-xcap-diff-07 and
use the value of the xcap-root attribute from the <xcap-diff> tag.

I do not think this is the intended way and I will end up with NOTIFY
messages for the changes...

And from rfc4826 SUBSCRIBE (a bit unclear) like this: 

SUBSCRIBE sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0

Event: ua-profile;profile-type=application;auid="resource-lists";

Accept: application/resource-lists+xml

(clarification next line)

If I'm correct the <rls-services> xml document will be returned in the
NOTIFY and could contain the <resource-list>xcap uri tag. But this is
only if there is a service, right?

If anybody knows of a good overview document (OMA is not very good at
overview nor are rfc:s) about this, please share this.

Kind regards,

Niklas Fondberg

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Sanjay Sinha (sanjsinh)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:26:37 -0500

This was discussed on sipping mailer:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg08662.html
 
Idea was to use config framework to pass the uri to client.
 
Sanjay

________________________________

	From: Niklas Fondberg [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:05 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Simple] XCAP discovery question (clarification)

	Hello all.

	I have searched in OMA XDM, OMA IM-SIMPLE and OMA PRESENCE along
with many rfc's for a preferred way to get the address of the XCAP
server (XCAP root URI)...

	I hope this list is the right for asking questions like this, if
not please excuse me.

	First let me explain that I do not want to configure the client
with more that the usual SIP configuration parameters like registration
server, proxy, uri, proxy user, proxy pwd, registration pwd aso.

	Therefore I want to get the xcap resources (mainly for
implementing an IM/Presence enabled address book) through rls-services
-> resource-lists.

	By using the SUBSCRIBE mechanism in
draft-ietf-simple-xcap-diff-07 and use the value of the xcap-root
attribute from the <xcap-diff> tag.

	I do not think this is the intended way and I will end up with
NOTIFY messages for the changes...

	Event:
ua-profile;profile-type=application;auid="resource-lists";

	If I'm correct the <rls-services> xml document will be returned
in the NOTIFY and could contain the <resource-list>xcap uri tag. But
this is only if there is a service, right?

	If anybody knows of a good overview document (OMA is not very
good at overview nor are rfc:s) about this, please share this.

	Kind regards,

	Niklas Fondberg