Subject: Re: [Simple] Fwd: New draft (sort of): COMEDIA for MSRP

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:12:24 +0200

Le Thursday 28 February 2008 19:08:00 ext Elwell, John, vous avez écrit :
> What is not clear to me is how many situations this would really be useful.
> How many devices know for certain they are behind or not behind a NAT and
> whether, for a particular session, the remote UA is on the other side of
> that NAT. This was part of the problem space ICE is supposed to address. I
> would have liked to see some discussion about use of ICE.

Well, if you have a private IP address, you have a strong hint.

This draft adds COMEDIA. One you have COMEDIA, it is fairly straightforward to 
upgrade to ICE-TCP. I am however concerned that ICE-TCP seldom works in 
practice, contrary to ICE-UDP, and MSRP requires TCP anyhow. Hence, I think 
compatibility with ICE is important, but requiring ICE might be a bit too 
strong of a requirement.

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple