Subject: [Simple] How is the presentity being notified of watcher information for presence authorization when the watcher is unregistered?

From: "Jeffrey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 17:02:49 +0800

Dear all,

We are implementing the SIMPLE-based Presence Server. We implemented the
reactive authorization, that is a presentity who subscribes to watcher
information can authorize a watcher to subscribe to his/her presence
information when the request from that watcher arrives. So the message flow
is as followings,
(step 1) The presentity UE1 registers and subscribes to it own watcher
information
(step 2) The watcher UE2 registers and subscribes to UE1's presence
information
(step 3) The presnetity UE1 can get the notification of watcher information
and then do authorization to watcher UE2.
  
But in our implementation, when an UA de-register, it will un-subscribe all
its subscriptions. So if presentity UE1 registers and subscribes to watcher
information after the watcher  de-register, then the presentity UE1 will be
not able to get the notification of watcher information for authorization.
The presentity will be not able to know there is a watcher UE1 wants to
subscribe his/her presence information this time. Any suggestion of
implementation for this situation? Or any specification or document is
discussed?
Thanks in advance.

BR,
Jeffrey  

%;+H%s%i/`%]'t$u,c0|>w1K8j0T!A+D+|)w$'&,%s*L!A=P$E(O%N)N4&ES%;+H%s$:.e!A(C=P>P74&9+H%s!C
This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Michael Froman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 22:08:04 -0500

The situation you describe is the reason for the "waiting" state in  
the WINFO subscription state machine.  Please see RFC3857, section  
4.7.1.  The Subscription State Machine for details.

-Michael.