Subject: [Simple] Introduction

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:11:38 -0500

Oh, I just joined the Simple maillist. 

On most working lists I am on - people who contribute are expected to
introduce themselves if they are not already known. 

So a quick intro.

Trace is a federally funded R&D Center that works on technology and
disability.  We have two center grants - one in IT and one in Telecom (joint
with Gallaudet).

We've worked with over 50 companies.  There are over half dozen features
from Trace built into every copy of Windows - also in MacOS and Linux.  Also
over 100,000 other financial and information transaction devices.    

In telecom --  have been active for over a decade.  Appointed to the most
recent National Reliability and Interoperability Council (NRIC),  and the
previous FCC technological Advisory Council.  

Trace has developed open source codecs and TTY translation modules and VoIP
and ToIP clients in conjunction with Omnitor  and VoiceRiver  and other
companies.  

Am very interested in finding ways to accommodate people who are older and
those who otherwise have disabilities  -- but in a way that builds on
mainstream technologies in a natural way.  The goal is strategies that
enhance the user experience for all - so that mainstream users are as
interested as those who need the features. 

Thanks.

Gregg

------------------------

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D. 
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center 
University of Wisconsin-Madison 
< <http://trace.wisc.edu/> http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848  

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple