Subject: Re: [Simple] Comfortable with the current nickname text?

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:57:16 -0600

Geir Arne Sandbakken wrote:
> May I query if you are comfortable with the current text about
> nicknames?
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-simple-chat-02
>   

I think it's a huge step in the right direction.

/a
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 13:33:23 -0600

> I think it's a huge step in the right direction.

I concur with Adam that it is moving in the right direction. However,  
I think it's still under specified, in that I don't get a clear sense  
of how a nickname is to be used once assigned.

Are nicknames used in MSRP SEND requests in any way? Or is the only  
usage the fact that UAs should label participants with the nickname  
based on what they learn from the conference event package? I suspect  
the second, but could find no explicit text on it.

(I have some additional comments on the draft that I will send  
separately)