Subject: [Simple] Protocol Action: 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) extension for Partial Notification of Presence Information' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 06:08:52 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Patch Operations Framework 
   Utilizing XML Path Language (XPath) Selectors '
   <draft-ietf-simple-xml-patch-ops-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'Presence Information Data format (PIDF) Extension for Partial 
   Presence '
   <draft-ietf-simple-partial-pidf-format-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) extension for Partial Notification 
   of Presence Information '
   <draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'Publication of Partial Presence Information '
   <draft-ietf-simple-partial-publish-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

These documents are products of the SIP for Instant Messaging and 
Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify-10.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document set provides a new capability for SIMPLE: partial
publications and notifications. Partial publications and notifications are
updates to previous transmitted presence documents which omit redundant
information, thereby saving bandwidth and processing. Both of these rely
on a common partial presence document format, 'application/pidf-diff+xml'.
These diffs are applied to existing presence documents through the
patching technique described in the xml-patch-ops document.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The working group supports the advancement of these specifications, and in
fact much protocol work inside and outside the IETF relies on this.
 
Protocol Quality
 
These documents were reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson. The PROTO
shepherd is Robert Sparks. Apps Area review of the XML-patch-ops document
was provided by Dave Crocker. Gen-ART review of XMLpatch-ops was provided
by Joel Halpern.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple