Subject: [Simple] Launch of SIP MSRP chatserver

From: Adrian Georgescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:10:10 +0100

Hello,

There is new SIP server software available for multi-party IM chat.  
SIP chatserver is an open source conference bridge that supports MSRP  
chat sessions. It can be used for ad-hoc conferencing by SIP end- 
points. The software is provided under the GPL LICENSE.

Features

The server implements relevant features from the following standards:

	• MSRP protocol RFC4975
	• MSRP ad-hoc multi-party chat sessions draft-ietf-simple-chat-03
	• Common Presence and Instant Messaging (CPIM): Message Format RFC3862
	• Framework for Conferencing with the Session Initiation Protocol  
(SIP) RFC4353
	• Framework for Centralized Conferencing draft-ietf-xcon-framework-11
	• Conference event package RFC4575

Support

The project is developed and supported by AG Projects. The support is  
provided on a best-effort basis. "best-effort" means that we try to  
solve the bugs you report or help fix your problems as soon as we can,  
subject to available resources. To request support you must use the  
mailing list available at http://lists.ag-projects.com/mailman/listinfo/sipchatserver 
. Patches and bug reports must be submitted by opening a ticket at http://chatserver.ag-projects.com/newticket

Installation instructions are available at:

http://chatserver.ag-projects.com/wiki/Installation

Credits

The development of SIP chatserver has been sponsored by NLNet  
foundation http://nlnet.nl

Kind regards,

Adrian Georgescu