Subject: Re: [Simple] MSRP-ACM Draft Split

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:14:33 -0600

<as-chair>

Reminder: If you object to the plan described below, please make it known on the list ASAP. We will treat silence as consensus on this one. If there are no objections by the end of this week, we intend to move forward on this.

On Nov 25, 2009, at 3:00 PM, Ben Campbell wrote:

> <as-chair>
> 
> We discussed at the Hiroshima SIMPLE meeting that Christer would split the MSRP-ACM draft into two parts. The first part would contain the COMEDIA usage and related text, and the second would include the normative update to RFC 4975 to remove the domain part of an MSRP URI from the session matching comparison. This update was originally intended to be part of the MSRP-ACM draft, but the sense of the room was that we should separate the normative update from the optional behavior in MSRP-ACM.
> 
> Based on this discussion, Christer submitted draft-holmberg-simple-msrp-sessmatch-00, which contains the session matching update. The draft is available at:
> 
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-holmberg-simple-msrp-sessmatch-00
> 
> Does anyone object to the adoption of that draft as a SIMPLE workgroup item, as part of the "additional connection models for MSRP" milestone? If you have objections, please raise them on the list ASAP. Please remember that accepting this as a work group document does not mean we have agreed to every detail of the draft--just that we believe that this draft is a good start towards the milestone.
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> 
> Ben.
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Simple mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 15:22:02 -0600

<as-chair>

Since we've had no objections, we will adopt draft-draft-holmberg-simple-msrp-sessmatch as a work group draft as part of the MSRP ACM milestone. 

Christer, please resubmit with a draft-ietf-simple-* name at your convenience.

Thanks!

Ben.

---

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:29:21 +0100

Hi,

Thanks, Ben!

As you may have seen, I have now submitted the first version of
draft-ietf-simple-msrp-sessmatch.

Regards,

Christer 

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Campbell [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 4. joulukuuta 2009 23:22
To: Simple WG
Cc: Christer Holmberg; Hisham Khartabil
Subject: Re: [Simple] MSRP-ACM Draft Split

<as-chair>

Since we've had no objections, we will adopt
draft-draft-holmberg-simple-msrp-sessmatch as a work group draft as part
of the MSRP ACM milestone. 

Christer, please resubmit with a draft-ietf-simple-* name at your
convenience.

Thanks!

Ben.

On Dec 2, 2009, at 9:14 AM, Ben Campbell wrote:

> <as-chair>
> 
> Reminder: If you object to the plan described below, please make it
known on the list ASAP. We will treat silence as consensus on this one.
If there are no objections by the end of this week, we intend to move
forward on this.
>> We discussed at the Hiroshima SIMPLE meeting that Christer would
split the MSRP-ACM draft into two parts. The first part would contain
the COMEDIA usage and related text, and the second would include the
normative update to RFC 4975 to remove the domain part of an MSRP URI
from the session matching comparison. This update was originally
intended to be part of the MSRP-ACM draft, but the sense of the room was
that we should separate the normative update from the optional behavior
in MSRP-ACM.
>> 
>> Based on this discussion, Christer submitted
draft-holmberg-simple-msrp-sessmatch-00, which contains the session
matching update. The draft is available at:
>> Does anyone object to the adoption of that draft as a SIMPLE
workgroup item, as part of the "additional connection models for MSRP"
milestone? If you have objections, please raise them on the list ASAP.
Please remember that accepting this as a work group document does not
mean we have agreed to every detail of the draft--just that we believe
that this draft is a good start towards the milestone.