Subject: [sip-overload] New Draft: draft-partha-sip-overload-resource-availability-00

From: "Parthasarathi R (partr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:44:13 +0530

Hi all,

We have submitted the draft for explicit SIP based resource monitoring
and overload avoidance mechanism based on the resource availability of
the entity. Could you please review the draft and provide your valuable
comments. The draft location is as follows: 
 
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-partha-sip-overload-resource-availability-0
0.txt

Abstract:
Overload occurs in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) networks when
B2BUA, proxies, and user agents have insufficient resources like CPU,
memory, DSP, or bandwidth to complete the processing of a request.
SIP provides limited support for overload handling through its 503
response code, which tells an upstream element that it is overloaded.
This document defines explicit SIP based resource monitoring and
overload avoidance mechanism based on the resource availability of the
entity.

Thanks
Partha/Sheshadri