Subject: [sip-overload] comments on draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-01

From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:23:26 +0200

Eric, Phil,

here are a few comments on draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-01:

- Section 3.4.:

    But when deriving this rate the server may need to
    take into account the effect of the client prioritization on the
    load it receives, e.g. CPU utilization will depend upon the
    characteristics of the requests.

How should the server take the client prioritization into account? Does 
the server need to know the prioritization made by the client?

- Section 3.5.:

What is the adjusted-oc-value? Is this the value received in the oc 
parameter? How will it be adjusted?

How should the values TAU1 and TAU2 be set with respect to the overall 
TAU? Can you give guidance on how they should be chosen? What will they 
depend on?

It would be very helpful to have a pseudo-code algorithm for rate based 
controls. This will make the description in this section easier to 
understand.

Thanks,

Volker